Ok this is about getting rid of your broken strings. How do you all do it? lol

I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years now and when ever i restring my guitars i don't know what to do with them because if you put them in the trash they shoot out everywhere (especially since i have a little trashcan.)

Am i supposed to like cut them up into little stringy pieces?
How do you all get rid of your strings?

This is a stupid thread i know but I'm serious.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I, uh, throw them in the garbage.

You really couldn't come up with simple solutions?

Anything'll work. Tape them or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I cut off the ends and wrap up the string. works fine and i hve tiny trash can too
omnomnomnom.
Eat them.
You need more nickel.

Just bundle them up and tape them or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i started keeping mine and making stuff with them (i make weird stuff all the time) but just wrap them in a circle-ish shape...its not that hard

EDIT: dont change your strings near your amp...just to let you know.
Quote by Lamrick21
dont change your strings near your amp...just to let you know.

why?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
i make wristbands out of them.
theres some charity that does that with celebrity strings like clapton and mayer
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Lamrick21
i started keeping mine and making stuff with them (i make weird stuff all the time) but just wrap them in a circle-ish shape...its not that hard

EDIT: dont change your strings near your amp...just to let you know.

umm why not?
I leave them laying around my room and end up getting cuts on my feet for stepping on the tips.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I leave them laying around my room and end up getting cuts on my feet for stepping on the tips.

And thats basically how I've been doing it =/
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
i cut them in several pieces till they're about 5 or 6 inches long so they don't unwind and stab someone (i.e. me), then chuck them in the (black) bin. Not the blue or brown one or ed balls would probably throw me in the gulag.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just wrap mine up like the come in the package then throw them away.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I tie 'em in a knot and throw them in the garbage.

Or I leave them on the floor so my room mate steps on them when he comes back drunk at night.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
wind them back up into a circle.. or use pliers to bend them XD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i cut them in several pieces till they're about 5 or 6 inches long so they don't unwind and stab someone (i.e. me), then chuck them in the (black) bin. Not the blue or brown one or ed balls would probably throw me in the gulag.

Lol, isn't he the Education Minister? Excuse my ignorance if I am wrong.
I tie mine up and get my friends to see if they can untangle them.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Lol, isn't he the Education Minister? Excuse my ignorance if I am wrong.

that's what he wants us to think...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When I change strings, I usually loosen them, then clip them at the nut to avoid pulling twisted string through the body/tailpiece, and possibbly scraping up the finish with the whiplash. I take the fist full of short ends, throw them in the trash, then take the 6 long straight pieces, and tie them in a circle, kinda like the come out of the wrapper when you buy new strings, and chuck 'em in a neat little bundle.
A friend of mine does custom jewelry and so I save the ball ends from all of them. Other than that, there's really not much you can do with them.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM