I won an award at a music comp and got a few vouchers and i wanna buy one of their albums but alas, i am torn between Paradise Lost and The Odyssey

Where do you propose I invest my hard earned voucher?
PSN: Noverion
thats a tough choice. in all honesty i think they're newest album paradise lost is their best to date.
but odyssey is a classic
My Gear:

Guitars: Jackson SL2H, Ibanez Xiphos
Pickups: DiMarzio X2n (Bridge) DiMarzio D-activator (Neck)
Amp: Fender Metalhead
Pedals: Digitech Scott Ian Black 13, BBE Sonic stomp,
MXR KFK Equalizer
Misc: Boss BR-900CD recording studio
You really can't go wrong with either.

Pick which album artwork you like the best and buy that one.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
mmm, thanks alot
ive heard songs form both and i like paradise lost more, but i love long songs so the odyssey looks so inviting
Quote by thefuzz454
You really can't go wrong with either.

Pick which album artwork you like the best and buy that one.

both have such amazing cover work though :O

ahhhhh such conflicting views :/

maaaan!
Nooo, don't get Paradise Lost first! Russell sings too harsh there. As good as The Odyssey is (that's when he started with the harsh vox), rather get The Damnation Game or The Divine Wings Of Tragedy instead. They're just better. He sung cleaner and with more clarity back then. Now he just growls!
Last edited by DaFjory at Apr 13, 2008,
Paradise lost(the album)=The Odyssey(the track not the album)
IMO,but both are awesome,get paradise lost first if you can.
mmm,

after careful deilberation i think im gonna go for paradise lost.

I saw them live when they toured wiht dream theater over here, his voice is absoloutely insane, and form what ive heard of the album i reall y do like it, so i'll get that and then ehn i falls into some money again ill get teh odyssey

thanks a lot guys
Quote by DaFjory
Nooo, don't get Paradise Lost first! Russell sings too harsh there. As good as The Odyssey is (that's when he started with the harsh vox), rather get The Damnation Game or The Divine Wings Of Tragedy instead. They're just better. He sung cleaner and with more clarity back then. Now he just growls!

he definitely doesn't growl. his voice does have more of an edge, but its not growls. and its not like thats all he does. he still has that same great singing voice.
i think you should get ODYSSEY cause here Romeo blasts one killer riff after another (not saying he doesnt on other records but here hes better) and overall the album has very good production and as a whole it is perfect! zhe ending wins though!
paradise lost
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I'd go for Paradise Lost. It's better as a whole.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.