Believe me, I've made sure of this.

I wanted to start a thread about one of the most respected (but not household) names for a line of amps out there. Sure they're expensive, which is understandable to anyone who's been able to play them or own them.

The fact that they are all hand built contributes to this as well. No assembly line hear, which brings me to another point. Why aren't more Soldano's disrtibuted? I believe it's smart on their part as far as product quality is considered, maybe not buissness though. You don't see many licensed bands with Soldano's, Bogners, Framus's, Splawns, Engl's, etc.

I for one am happy about this. If every band knew how much better these amps sound the other "Big Name" amps out there we would see a surge in demand for these amps, which might mean increase in an already steep price, decrease in availability, and a major decrease in quality due to the number needed to be shipped out in a timely manner (higher chance of an amp that's half-assed).

Back to the main reason of this thread, why did you switch to Soldano? What characteristicts did you find about Soldano that no other amp seem to give your ear? What was your choice if you did get one?

Pro's and Con's are welcome as well
Oh btw, I bought the Avenger about 3 months ago. It's a single channel amp for those who don't know. Based off of the SLO-100's overdrive channel. It very well might be the last tube amp I'll ever buy
Quite a few bands use the brands you mentioned. I certainly wouldn't class ENGL as one of the little known manufacturers. Don't forget bands will use these amps and take something more mainstream on stage with them since they have endorsements.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Many pros use those amps actually. They are much more expensive than your average Marshall or even Mesa, so not a lot of people 1) can justify paying that much if they don't have the cash or 2) aren't quite at the point in their playing where they'll really appreciate those amps at that price (even if the are pros), or 3) are happy with what they currently have.

Soldano's, to me, are fantastic amps. I've played on a number of them and have used them for recording in the studio many times. I can afford one but for 95% of what I play and the tones I want, the Mesa rectoverb I have is perfect as it is. Sure, the SLO or Deca is much nicer for some things, but the main Soldano-ish tone I would want I already get damn close to with the recto on the vintage channel (not the harsh modern channel most people label the rectos with). And, the Mesa I have (like all mesas) are hand-made, hand-wired and are extremely well-built to last forever - unlike Marshalls and most production amps.

So, here's a professional player (of 20+ yrs) that loves Soldanos but hasn't bought one since what he currently has is fine for all the different styles he plays.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Soldano SLO= RIP YOUR BALLZ OFF TO TEH XTREME!!

It's a great amp.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Yup, one of my favorites. Soldano SLO and the Framus Cobra.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

u have to realize the pros do know about these amps lol...they use big names on stage because theyre paid to.

and yeah, soldanos are amazing.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka
u have to realize the pros do know about these amps lol...they use big names on stage because theyre paid to.

and yeah, soldanos are amazing.

Yes I do know about the endorsement part. BTW, did anybody else notuce that the prices for all of their amps just went up

SLO- was $3300, now $3800!
Avenger- was $1680ish, now over $1800

Glad I got mine before this happened
How would you compare a Soldano SLO against an Uberschall for metal?
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
^ From what I've heard, SLO is like a HotRodded Marshall wheras the Uberschall is more of a brutal scooped tone.
Soldano doesn't do endorsements or sponsorships with anyone. There are situations where Soldano's were used in the studio only to take a back seat to other amps when playing live because of endorsements. I don't think they're worried about their marketing strategy though. It seems like just about everyone who has ever done some serious amp shopping is well aware of the name and is enamored by the price tag, only to eventually hear rumors and hearsay about how awesome they are. There's a certain degree of exclusivity that appeals to a lot of people and that is compounded by the quality and tone.

That said, I bought a Decatone close to a year ago and it's been nothing but fantastic. The Uberschall definitely has a bit more gain on tap and a slightly more modern voicing than the SLO, but it's not too innately "scooped". The SLO really isn't so much of a modded Marshall tone as a lot of people would like to believe, but it was based on a Marshall circuit and possesses a few tonal similarities. The Uberschall always stuck out in my mind as being just a tad ridiculous as it has the ability to get dirtier and push more gain than amps like the SLO when there's absolutely no reason in the universe why anyone should ever push an SLO all the way, it has more gain than any single human will ever need.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Soldano doesn't do endorsements or sponsorships with anyone. There are situations where Soldano's were used in the studio only to take a back seat to other amps when playing live because of endorsements. I don't think they're worried about their marketing strategy though. It seems like just about everyone who has ever done some serious amp shopping is well aware of the name and is enamored by the price tag, only to eventually hear rumors and hearsay about how awesome they are. There's a certain degree of exclusivity that appeals to a lot of people and that is compounded by the quality and tone.

That said, I bought a Decatone close to a year ago and it's been nothing but fantastic. The Uberschall definitely has a bit more gain on tap and a slightly more modern voicing than the SLO, but it's not too innately "scooped". The SLO really isn't so much of a modded Marshall tone as a lot of people would like to believe, but it was based on a Marshall circuit and possesses a few tonal similarities. The Uberschall always stuck out in my mind as being just a tad ridiculous as it has the ability to get dirtier and push more gain than amps like the SLO when there's absolutely no reason in the universe why anyone should ever push an SLO all the way, it has more gain than any single human will ever need.

You are my new hero I've always figured what you said about "Soldano's were used in the studio only to take a back seat to other amps when playing live because of endorsements," but I could never prove it. I'm wondering just how many times we've all actually heard Soldanos on the radio instead of Marshalls or Kranks or Mesa-Boogies which is that bands endorsted product?
So I've finally got the oppertunity to crank my Soldano up to 3+
Pretty awesome!
^ What did you expect. This forums main demographic, aren't really the type who even have the ability to invest in such an expensive amp. I mean, I don't there is even an official Mesa thread and they're much more popular and not as expensive as Soldano.