Page 1 of 3
So my Xbox 360 stopped reading discs, but I don't have the 3 red lights yet. The warranty was extended to 3 years, but only if you have the 3 red lights. So I have until September to get the 3 red lights, or I'm screwed. Any suggestions as to how to get the 3 red lights?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Say the lights came on, but then broke! My genuis ideas win again!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah just leave it on for a long time.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Sledgehammer + 360 = broke 360
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by IronNecrosis
Sledgehammer + 360 = broke 360

HE WANTS THE RRD!

Read the first post for crying out loud people ¬_¬
Turn it on. That usually breaks them.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Yeah, just wrap your 360 up in two towels and turn it on for around 20-30 minutes. I hear it works quite well.

I've just sent my Xbox back to Microsoft for red-ringing me. Mine just went by itself though, only nine months after purchase.

Are you sure if you send it in with the RRoD, they'll fix the DVD drive?

Quote by Ichimaru
Turn it on. That usually breaks them.

Harsh, but correct.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Yea, just leave it running under a pile of towels or something. The fans are bad enough as it is, so overheating it shouldn't be too hard.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
haha
original xbox FTW!!
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
you do realise that they check for other errors as well as the RRD. And they'll charge you for those errors.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
if you are going to do the towel thing, keep a good watch on it, otherwise, you run the risk of your house burning down.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Yeah just leave it on for a long time.

I dunno if this will work in most cases, but in my friend's case this isn't true. Quite the opposite actually.

One day he got the red ring of death and couldn't play his 360. One day he got it to turn on so he just kept it on 24/7 for over a month. I don't remember what ended up happening. It probably just fried but it was on for a long time.

btw, he had modded his 360 so his warranty was void. That's why he just kept it on.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you do realise that they check for other errors as well as the RRD. And they'll charge you for those errors.

Is that true?

Make love to it.

I can't help thinking someone somewhere has done that already, actually I'm pretty sure it's been done more than once.
I thought they just give you a new one, and that is why you should never send it in with the hard drive still attached.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Is that true?

well when I rang up to send mine off they said that they'd be checking the console completely and I'd be charged for any repairs that aren't covered by the extended warranty. Don't know whether it was a scare tactic or whether they'd actually charge you, mine just had the RRD.

Quote by TheBF
I thought they just give you a new one, and that is why you should never send it in with the hard drive still attached.

they'll give you a refurbished one but if it turns out, when they're refurbishing your one, that it takes more than just fixing the RRD they'll see who it was that sent it in and they'll charge you. That's if it isn't a scare tactic.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Stop being a faggot and don't try and break it?

Seriously, just get it repaired, no need to make the problem worse.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Apr 13, 2008,
Quote by Novacane...
Make love to it.

I can't help thinking someone somewhere has done that already, actually I'm pretty sure it's been done more than once.

360rgy?
Well,my friend's 360 did the same and they just sent it back and got a new one for free.It shouldn't cost more than 150$ to fix though
Quote by Lemoninfluence
well when I rang up to send mine off they said that they'd be checking the console completely and I'd be charged for any repairs that aren't covered by the extended warranty. Don't know whether it was a scare tactic or whether they'd actually charge you, mine just had the RRD.

Well, I sent mine off recently due to the RRoD fault, but I've been having some problems with my disc drive since day-one. It seems to scratch discs over a period of time and give me quite a lot of disc-read errors.

I was kind of hoping they'd recognise that fault and fix it, but I hope I don't get charged for it.

I haven't even had the console a year yet.

Quote by Lemoninfluence
they'll give you a refurbished one but if it turns out, when they're refurbishing your one, that it takes more than just fixing the RRD they'll see who it was that sent it in and they'll charge you. That's if it isn't a scare tactic.

When they give you a refurbished one, do they just take your console's plastic shell and attach it to a pre-refurbished console?

Quote by Smokey Amp
When they give you a refurbished one, do they just take your console's plastic shell and attach it to a pre-refurbished console?

I don't think so. I'm just saying that down the line they'll be refurbishing yours to give to someone and it'll say RRD or something like that to indicate that it needs that error fixing. If it still doesn't work after that I assume they'd look in their records and see who it was that sent it in then charge them appropriately.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Well, I sent mine off recently due to the RRoD fault, but I've been having some problems with my disc drive since day-one. It seems to scratch discs over a period of time and give me quite a lot of disc-read errors.

I was kind of hoping they'd recognise that fault and fix it, but I hope I don't get charged for it.

I haven't even had the console a year yet.

yours should still be covered by the original 12 month warranty so you shouldn't be charged for anything.

I'm just saying that for consoles that are being sent in on the 3 year extended warranty that only covers the RRoD, they're likely to be charged for the extra stuff as the warranty that covers that stuff will have expired.

Quote by element4433
you could not buy microsoft products...
I would very much like to put an image here, but it doesn't work.
Poop in it.

Imagine the guys face when he opens it up.

"Wow I've never seen an XBOX as messed up as this one, let's take a look shall we. *opens shell* GOOD ****ING LORD! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!111one!!!one11eleven!!!!111!1
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Smokey - Do you move your 360 while it's on and has a disc in it? That's what causes the scratches usually.

When mine RRoD'd, I got my 360 back. I knew that as the O on the XBOX 360 text had fallen off (don't ask how)
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quote by Styx993
you could not buy microsoft products...

yeah. go back in time and not purchase that xbox 360. That'll solve your problems TS. But depending on what you do in the past it could cause a load of new problems for you when you get back to the present.

get out tit. why bother posting if you're not going to contribute?

Quote by element4433
Quote by About 2 Snap
Smokey - Do you move your 360 while it's on and has a disc in it? That's what causes the scratches usually.

When mine RRoD'd, I got my 360 back. I knew that as the O on the XBOX 360 text had fallen off (don't ask how)

That doesn't seem physically possible seeing as the "XBOX 360" Is engraved into the plastic...
i recommend the freezer. no joke
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Lemoninfluence

I don't think they've started sending refurbs out in the UK yet, unless they're only doing it for RRoDs, due to the high volume of that fault, cause I sent mine off with a disc drive fault a few months back and got the exact same one back (unless the snidey bastards are swapping the serial numbers around and stuff...)
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Quote by TheBF
That doesn't seem physically possible seeing as the "XBOX 360" Is engraved into the plastic...

Want a pic for proof?
Quote by denizenz

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quote by About 2 Snap

Nope. I'm very careful with my 360 as I know how fragile it is as a piece of hardware.

Besides, if you move the console with a disc in you get that perfect circular scratch, which I have never got. My 360 just seems to put hairline scratches all over the disc over time.

I honestly couldn't be any more careful with them.

Quote by david_safc
This man knows his sh!t.

Of course I do, I have been towelling mine for 3 weeks now.

Tip: Towelling is like taking drugs, alcohol, or smoking. The more you do it, the longer the temporary effects will last, but the shorter the entire lifespan will last.

And to about 2 snap, I have a 360 right in front of me.
Quote by TheBF
And to about 2 snap, I have a 360 right in front of me.

I meant proof that the O had fallen off
Quote by denizenz

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Page 1 of 3