put very simply, how would you take a guitar that feels very average to play and make it feel very nice to play?

i was thinking get the frets changed for jumbos (because i like jumbo frets) changing the nut, the bridge/ saddles, strings and making sure its set up, but i cant really think of anything else that would really change anything?

any ideas?
action?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Well the neck is the most important thing in terms of 'playability'. Also make sure that the action is nice and low, the strings aren't rusty and there's no pickup interference with picking hand.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
why would you change the saddles?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
different saddles might make the bridge feel nicer when you're palm muting
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Lower action, and I prefer a natural neck that has been sanded down really smooth instead of having a finish on it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Nitroduck
different saddles might make the bridge feel nicer when you're palm muting

thats the one. low action should be solved by a set up. i think ive got everything that i can change really, was just wondering if anyone had anything too add. its just at the moment i'm doing a guitar up for my sister, and i want it to be as good as it can be for her, so i'm trying to make it play a little better.
get it setup in shop lemonize the fingerboard action + intonation setup for tuning and gauge, truss rod etc
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff