Page 1 of 2
Right UG, I need to know.
On tuesday I have a driving lesson at 1pm, but the night before there's a gathering for the last episode of skins (basically a reason to get drunk), and I want to know how much I can have while being sober by 1pm (and preferably not hung-over).

I was thinking about 4 beers should be ok, but does anyone know if I can have more/should have less?
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
4 beers won't do anything in the first place. Just know your limit, the worst hangover I had was till 4 in the afternoon and I was completely hammered.You should be fine if you just get drunk enough to have fun
Quote by seljer
dude, you're going to be sober at 1pm

somebody's never been truly drunk before

to TS, i don't know you, but if you want to stay 100% safe, don't drink

if you still want to drink, try 3 half liters, or about 5/6 .33 liters of beer. that's my limit without feeling woozy the next day.
Yeah, just don't drink too excessively and make sure you get a good few hours of sleep.

You'll be fine by 1pm.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It takes 1hr for 1 serving of alcohol is what we learned in driver's ed.
Quote by CoreysMonster

if you still want to drink, try 3 half liters, or about 5/6 .33 liters of beer. that's my limit without feeling woozy the next day.

I've been paralytic and woke up the next day totally sober...

on saying that i did sleep half the day.
Quote by CoreysMonster

comparatively speaking at least
That depends on how good your incineration is (if that is the right word to use...)
Some months ago when I went to a QotSA-concert I drank a sixpack before I got on the train there. I was almost sobered up when I arrived there an hour later...
So I guess you will be fine! As long as you don't have a major hang-over, then you'll be to unconcentrated
Last edited by Andlin1 at Apr 13, 2008,
1 unit takes about 1 hour to leave your body. As long as you get sleep and keep hydrated, you'll be fine.
Quote by CoreysMonster

From what I know I'm good at holding my drink, I've had 10 .33's and not drunk/no hangover, but I don't know if I'd be road legal by 1 in the afternoon, its all I'm asking, because it's only my 2nd lesson and I'd rather be sober =].
I don't remember last night and I was sober when I woke up at 11. And my hangover was gone by 1, with the help of 2 liters of water. And I don't black out easily, pregame routine is 6 drinks. So you'll be fine. Just don't go to the hospital with alcohol poisoning, and make sure you get up by 1
Quote by Jonn0
From what I know I'm good at holding my drink, I've had 10 .33's and not drunk/no hangover, but I don't know if I'd be road legal by 1 in the afternoon, its all I'm asking, because it's only my 2nd lesson and I'd rather be sober =].

a guy in highschool one year older than me would go for a beer with his driving instructor before their lesson

on the driving test too

\he flipped over his car at 110km/h eight months later
\\is still alive
Quote by seljer
a guy in highschool one year older than me would go for a beer with his driving instructor before their lesson

on the driving test too

\he flipped over his car at 110km/h eight months later
\\is still alive

hah, i'd be happy to do that, just i#ve misplaced the papers that came with my provisional, thus I cannot crash it =[.
If it's the day before a driving test, don't drink at all. You want to be on top form, so I wouldn't touch it. Save the drinking until afterwards.

Especially at a party for the last episode of Skins. It sounds about as fun as lung cancer.
Well I dunno your tolerency but 4 beers isn't TOO much. You should get quite merry and then be okay the next day but to help have about 2 pints of water before bed, that helps me. Also greasy food helps me with hangovers.
Quote by ShaunDiel
4 beers won't do anything in the first place. Just know your limit, the worst hangover I had was till 4 in the afternoon and I was completely hammered.You should be fine if you just get drunk enough to have fun

Necking four beers would though.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Four beers won't get you a hangover.

I realise that.
I was asking if I'd have any trace of alcohol left in my body, because I can't remember how quickly it wears off.
Quote by SmarterChild
If it's the day before a driving test, don't drink at all. You want to be on top form, so I wouldn't touch it. Save the drinking until afterwards.

Especially at a party for the last episode of Skins. It sounds about as fun as lung cancer.

It's a driving lesson, not a test.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Depends what you're worried about. If you're worried you'll still be kind of drunk by the next day then don't drink more than 5 pints. If you're paranoid about being stopped by police and breathalized I don't think drinking more than 2 pints is a good idea.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
from my experience (everyone is different) you should be ok as long as you don't like drink you pass out.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
How much are you drinking? How much do you weigh? Do you have a tolerance? When are you stopping drinking? Those are all things to consider. That aside though, 4 beers shouldn't be a problem, unless you're missing a liver.

This Saturday, I woke up at 12:30 PM still drunk/hungover. However, I drank a ****ton the night before and was up drinking till about 4AM doing so (I'm not sure exactly, I blacked out around 3). I also smoked a considerable amount of weed as well...That was a crazy night, lolz.

EDIT: Also, to avoid a hangover, drink water throughout the night while you're drinking.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Apr 13, 2008,
Will I be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor if I offer advice?
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by Jonn0
I realise that.
I was asking if I'd have any trace of alcohol left in my body, because I can't remember how quickly it wears off.

I'm guessing you weigh around +70 kg.

If you drink 4 beers (0.33) during the course of, say three hours, all the alcohol has burnt after seven hours from the time you drank your last.
Quote by Smokey Amp
It's a driving lesson, not a test.

Even then, he still shouldn't drink more than 1 or 2 bottles. My mate had a driving lesson with a hangover and he said it went really badly.
Four beers is kind of risky... you will be SOOOOOOOO drunk! I would recommend stealing one of mom's wine coolers instead.
I am the Infantry.
Know your limit and you won't have a problem.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Cancel your driving lesson, reschedual it if you're that worried

Edit: or better yet, if you are that worried about it, just don't drink anything, you shouldn't need to have a beer to have a good time
----
Last edited by Dudududa at Apr 13, 2008,
Quote by SmarterChild
Even then, he still shouldn't drink more than 1 or 2 bottles. My mate had a driving lesson with a hangover and he said it went really badly.

I reckon i'll take whoever's advice, the one that told me to drink a couple pints of water before i go to bed, then stick to about 5 half liters

thanks for the advice guys.
Why are you so worried about having little traces of alcohol in your body? Do they breathalyze you? If they don't, I say do drink at all. If they don't just drink enough to get a buzz I guess, just don't get wasted.
You could do a 30 pack and be fine the next day, you might have a hangover, well more then likely you will but, you shouldn't be drunk still..

John
Quote by Fenderjack
You could do a 30 pack and be fine the next day, you might have a hangover, well more then likely you will but, you shouldn't be drunk still..

John

And TS, 5 half liters?? don't be stupid, that's too much if you wanna play it safe.

5 .33's is fine, but 2.5 liters of beer before a driving test is cutting it a little too close.
I would say about 4/5 would be fine, and have some water when you get home, and preferably in the morning too and you should be all good.

edit: And trust me, you might feel as though you're fine in the morning and unsober but if you drive you definately still have some slurred reaction times. Seriously, never let your friend who was paraletic the night before after god knows how many beers and shots of stuff, drive you home at noon from the party.
Page 1 of 2