I have a max of $200 to spend on an amp, $100 of it is giftcard for guitar center so I have to get it there. I have a Line6 Spider II 15 watt and it's ok, but I'd like another amp. I'm playing with active emg's and I'm looking for massive distortion. The Line6 has pretty damn good distortion but I want to try to get a little more. Can the Roland Cube20X deliver? I've looked through tons of threads and nobody's really said much about the distortion. The Cube 20X has some cool distortion settings, but I haven't played through it yet so I don't really know what they sound like. I really like that it has the acoustic simulator built in. I know it has BOSS effects for the distortions and I don't know how good those pedals sound and I'm pretty sure they can't measure up to like a muff or something but I still don't know for sure. It looks like a really cool amp and I'll probably end up buying it, but I want some opinions.

I'm also looking at the Crate GTD65 or GTD120. The 120 is on sale for $200 which is a killer deal. I've looked for vids and sound clips and stuff for it and can't find any. Does anybody know what the distortion is like? I like the fact that it's cheap for lots of watts, but how's the sound? The Roland is probably way more versatile, but idk which one has better distorion. PLEASE HELP!!

oh and does the Roland Cube 20X come with the footswitch?
Epiphone LP Special II Mr. Skull w/ Dimebucker, Jackson DKMG w/ EMG 81/85 black, Halo Satyr 7 in black, Dunlop Original Crybaby wah (yes, the cheap one) in PINK, Line6 Spider III 15, Peavey Vypyr 75 Sanpera 2, Jazz III picks, Yamaha F325 acoustic
Last edited by Metal Man Kam at Apr 13, 2008,
the distortion on the r-fier setting is pretty ****ing amazing and it should be enough gain for you. though i warn you the acoustic simulator might not sound too good with active pickups, and no it doesnt come with the footswitch
the 20x doesn't have the rectifier setting. It has acoustic, overdrive, distortion, metal, metal stack, and tube drive. It's the 30x and up that have the rectifier =/
Epiphone LP Special II Mr. Skull w/ Dimebucker, Jackson DKMG w/ EMG 81/85 black, Halo Satyr 7 in black, Dunlop Original Crybaby wah (yes, the cheap one) in PINK, Line6 Spider III 15, Peavey Vypyr 75 Sanpera 2, Jazz III picks, Yamaha F325 acoustic