Hey UG, I know your probably sick of people asking for advice but I'm confused!
Im browsing the internet and guitar shops in search of a new guitar, as usual BUT
I have hit a problem...My 18th birthday is 8 months away, and my parent's have agreed to buy something special for me. So being a guitar/Les Paul freak I decided maybe getting a brand new LP Standard, Or a 1991 LP standard
So should I look at a Gibson for my birthday or get a £400-£900 one this summer? (Though I have a lack of money).

No I don't want a new amp before you start, I like the one i've got (even though you will disagree, I have reasons (no space etc, and decided for a Vintage Modern Marshall when I can afford one)

So Thank You UG!

edit
The music I like is mainly classic rock (zeppelin, sabbath) and hard rock (Gn'R, Velvet Revolver, AC/DC) but sometimes like to dip into pools of metal, blues, alternative, garage etc

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Apr 13, 2008,
well I'm not quite sure what your asking, but yes a gibson les paul is worth it... but it would help to know what style of music you play

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
They are very hit and miss guitars so I strongly recommend trying anything before you buy, and if you like it make sure you buy that exact one, not online or from the stock room. Also, try out loads of different guitars within the price range, you might find something better.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
If you are an LP freak, then go for it (are you asking if you should get it now or later... whos gives a ****?). If you are asking a real question, I'll assume its should I look at something else?

Well, for the cost of an LP standard I personally believe there are MANY much better choices ($2000 + U.S. is ridiculous). Its a good guitar, but the cost is inflated by the Gibson logo, it doesn't play or sound much better than most $1000 guitars. I would seriously shop around before wasting your money.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Hey guys, any suggestions on other guitars I could try out? Something classy with humbuckers ideally.
Thanks

E-Married to Funny_Page
The Gibson Faded V is a brilliant guitar for the price, also you could try the ESP Eclipse series if you're looking for an LP shape.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Im not a fan of EMG's or active pickups really (person preference) but prefer maybe SD Alnico Pro II's, not that Im a determined Slash fan, just they are ideal for my tone i'd really like, but standard neck and bridge pickups would work fine

E-Married to Funny_Page