So yeah, i hate asking these questions but what mode or scale do they usually play in? Seems like a regular major and minor scale to me but i suck at deciphering these things.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Obviously it depends on what song, and what part of the song you are asking about, as they do tend to change keys or tonal centers a lot.

For instance, in Greet Death, it starts out in Ab Aeolian, but modulates to D Ionian, so...

Okay then for example Your hand in mine or First Breath after coma
Quote by csn00b
Quote by jpgilbert701
Okay then for example Your hand in mine or First Breath after coma

I don't own "the Earth is not a Cold Dead Place", but from the quick sample on iTunes, "Your Hand in Mine" was in E major, or Ionian. It just pivoted back and forth between E and A.

"First Breath After Coma" was in C# minor (Aeolian), from what I gathered from the clip.

if you dont mind me asking how can you tell from just hearing it? and how did you practice it?
Quote by csn00b
You can tell where it resolves, and if you actually play it, you can see the notes. So if the song contained Bb C D Eb in a section, we would know that part is in Bb (or a mode in Bb, depending where it resolves)

Explosions are such a good band.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by Scott Jones
"First Breath After Coma" was in C# minor (Aeolian), from what I gathered from the clip.

I admittedly am not familiar with the songs, but I'd be wary of throwing modal terms in there unless it's actually modal music.
Quote by bluesrocker101
You can tell where it resolves, and if you actually play it, you can see the notes. So if the song contained Bb C D Eb in a section, we would know that part is in Bb (or a mode in Bb, depending where it resolves)

Explosions are such a good band.

when you resolve do you mean the notes that are in the next section? and what about modes or scales that share the same notes? how would you go about pinning down which one it fits in?
Quote by csn00b