Hello everyone. First of all.. I'm new here, and have NEVER done anything to a guitar before :P so take it easy on me if i say something wrong :P

well... I wanted to give my Les Paul:

a Frankenstrat finish. Now first of all, I ask you.. will it look good?

and secondly.. How will I be able to repaint it? I mean... you dont use normal paint to paint a guitar. I want it repainted with a gloss finish.. If anybody can tell me what to use It'll be appreciated
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
dude
it has a flamed maple top
NO
please don't ruin that guitar with an obnoxious paintjob that might not turn out great.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
dude that would be the worst idea! you do that and i will make sure you never play guitar again
lmao k.. ook :P yeah it is a nice finish.. just wondering wether it would look good with the frankenstrat.. (obviously not) ok thanks :P
Carmel is hawt
Go out and buy a beater LP copy and do that to it. If you mess up, no big loss.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
theres no point in coverin' up that nice top- especially if its gibson. if it was epi, i might say ok but wait for a not-as-nice lookin guitar to come around for a custom finish
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
theres no point in coverin' up that nice top- especially if its gibson. if it was epi, i might say ok but wait for a not-as-nice lookin guitar to come around for a custom finish

it IS an epi ... a very good epi though

well.. ok in that case im thinking of building myself an xplorer, and painting like the frankenstrat.. and yeah.. UG saves the day :P
Carmel is hawt
Quote by -=Croatoan=-
UG saves the day!

Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
it IS an epi ... a very good epi though

well.. ok in that case im thinking of building myself an xplorer, and painting like the frankenstrat.. and yeah.. UG saves the day :P

dude, in that case, do eddie's destroyer!! seriously, i never see anyone even attempt that, yet it was such an awesome guitar

just a suggestion..
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
i actually dont like the destroyer that much... i much prefer the normal xplorer shape..

thanks though
Carmel is hawt
well- the destroyer is based off the explorer, eddie just cut a huge chunk out of it anyway- so yeah- i wanna see that build!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
what d'you reckon would be easier? buying the wood template and starting from scratch?

or buying a rippoff of an explorer and modifying it?
Carmel is hawt