Page 1 of 2
I take my driving test tomorrow, but I get to drive with an instructor for 2 hours beforehand. I'm still very nervous though, any advice?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
i you think you've made a mistake don't think about it, it'll only make you **** up more
if you get an instructor that talks then that will make it easier... just think about other crap while taking it, what i did and i didn't have any troube...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
yeahh i failed my first time, its not like its a big deal
the second time i was much more focused and less nervous and i passed easily.
so just calm yourself down and tell yourself it isnt a big deal.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
The less people you ride over, the better.

But seriously, just try to relax and drive like you always do and you'll be fine.

EDIT: Do you want heavenly support?
Imagine the driving examiner is naked....

Ok, I'm kidding.

Keep calm at all times.
Don't worry if you think you've messed anything up.
Don't be afraid to ask them to repeat instructions.
Remember to ALWAYS check your mirrors and blindspots in the manoevres and junctions. Even if you over-check them, it's better than not checking enough.
If you're in doubt of whether you should go through a gap (if there's a car coming), let the car go, I failed ny first for bundling through and getting too near.

GOOD LUCK!
signature
Just dont worry about it. If you get a few minors, who cares!! everyone does!! Just aslong as you dont do something incredibly stupid like cause a crash, you'll be fine!
After you pass you'll be wondering why you ever got so nervous.
Be confident....but not too confident!

Just relax, if you're taking your test then you're probably good enough to pass, so keep that in mind, but keep your eye on the ball/road
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Yeah man, i passed last Thursday,

just be calm, i failed the first time cause i was like, shaky and everything, should be fine dude
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
drive like the instructor is not in the car, don't think about the fact that every maneuver and decision you make could determine whether you get your liscence or not, and if your parents will think that you're a failure or not.
So you've never driven before? I remember when I first did driving with an instructor I quickly realized it's a lot easier than it seems and while it's kinda scary at first, you get used to it pretty quickly.
Quote by The_Okie
I take my driving test tomorrow, but I get to drive with an instructor for 2 hours beforehand. I'm still very nervous though, any advice?

You'll be fine, it's really not as bad as you think it'll be, I remember when I took mine I was really nervous, but as soon as I started it was all good.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Turn your blinkeron everytime, and i do mean EVERYTIME, you turn your wheel.

Also, check and double check your mirrors and look over your shoulder when switching lanes and shit.

One more thing, when you pull over and park on a street, turn your wheel toward the sidewalk.

Quote by SimpleMan008
Turn your blinkeron everytime, and i do mean EVERYTIME, you turn your wheel.

Also, check and double check your mirrors and look over your shoulder when switching lanes and shit.

One more thing, when you pull over and park on a street, turn your wheel toward the sidewalk.

Unless you're on a hill. Hills facing upward: wheels pointed toward road.

Hills facing downward: wheels pointed toward curb.
Quote by nalyd
So you've never driven before? I remember when I first did driving with an instructor I quickly realized it's a lot easier than it seems and while it's kinda scary at first, you get used to it pretty quickly.

There are no mandatory driving lessons in the states?
I was nervous when I got in the car but once I started driving things went really smooth and I was calm for some reason...a girl who was also taking the test that day with me was freaking out xD...just stay cool
Just do things by the book...dont' speed lol. Stick or auto? I love driving stick, but will probably take the test in an auto...be aware of your mirrors always though.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Phew, I'm confident, but there's that small ounce of doubt.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
fapping usually calms me down
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
i failed my first time. i was coming up to a corner leaving a parking lot, and a pedestrian walked out in front of the car, so naturally i gunned it, pedal to the medal, tried to take him down, but as i failed to kill him, the instructor had to fail me

actually there was a large hedge making a blind section on the right and i couldn't see the pedestrian early enough and had to make an urgent stop... the instructor actually let me continue anyways and i only missed 2 including that first mistake, but he had to fail me the second time was a breeze though.

and with a nice review with a driving instructor immediately before the test, there's really no reason you shouldn't pass, so good luck.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
drink 2 bottles of whisky beforehand.
trust me. you will do fine.
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
exaggerate every movement of your head. i was one away from failing just for looking out of the corners of my eyes. also, if you hit a curb you auto-fail, so if you are parallel parking be sure to swing out into the street instead of onto the curb.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I've never taken the driver's test, but good luck. i hear if you get an old woman testing you, you might fail, but I guess the only advice I have is relax, breathe, and forget you have someone beside you. Drive as if you were all alone in the car.. :-D
Try and strike up a rapport with the examiner, best way to get a relaxed atmosphere which will really help. Talk about anything, ask if it's been a busy day, that sort of thing. Have a mental checklist and tick it off as you go, but obviously maintain an awareness of your surroundings.

Essentially, don't do anything stupid

It's not too bad, I passed first time a few weeks ago with 5 minors, just make sure you get a good atmosphere in the car.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']There are no mandatory driving lessons in the states?
There is, I have no idea what he's talking about.
Find a topic to talk about to make you feel more relaxed. I failed 2 times, the third time a brake light was out so it was a no go, next time I passed. Make sure everything's working before hand. I actually had a different instructor each time too. Make sure to go slow when backing up, ask if you don't understand what they want u to do, and constantly check around u.
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
just keeping looking, in your mirrors, blind spots, anywhere! looking is like sex to those people, they love it.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by sabres61
just keeping looking, in your mirrors, blind spots, anywhere! looking is like sex to those people, they love it.

lol so true
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
Quote by Bullet-Rule

Keep calm at all times.
Don't worry if you think you've messed anything up.
Don't be afraid to ask them to repeat instructions.
Remember to ALWAYS check your mirrors and blind spots in the manoevres and junctions. Even if you over-check them, it's better than not checking enough.
If you're in doubt of whether you should go through a gap (if there's a car coming), let the car go, I failed ny first for bundling through and getting too near.

GOOD LUCK!

Great advice right there.

Check mirrors all the time, before slowing down etc. You get it.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Apr 14, 2008,
I failed twice already. It's so annoying coz openings are usually 1 month away. If the reasons that I failed were reasonable I would be less annoyed but they were mistakes that any driver would've made. Only 1 mistake effed me for both tests. Pain in the ass I tell ya.

Just remember to:
- Slow down smoothly
- Exaggerate head movements
- COMPLETELY stop at stop signs for at least 3 seconds
- Stick to your lane when turning
- Don't be too close or too far from the curve when doing a reverse park or a curb side stop
- Stay calm!

Let us know how you go! Good luck.
just stay calm really.

and good luck bro
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Remember - all the sexy people pass first time.

It's really nothing to worry about, don't get stressed and it'll be fine.
I passed. Thanks guys. Driving by yourself is the best feeling in the world.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
yay!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
congrats. yeah, it really is a great feeling... just think, you could go anywhere on the mainland USA without anybody giving you ****.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Page 1 of 2