Im wondering if Im staying on too easy songs or what.

I can play taxman solo, Get back solos, Mary janes last dance solo. What song is about the skill level of a 4 month guitar player? I can also play basic chords pretty well.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
i think ur doing pretty well, start reading some theory and learning some scales
鋼の錬金術師
by 4 months id say nailed power chords and the main open chords
maybe made a start on barre chords and a few scales
Smoke on the Water. You should defenately be able to play Smoke on the Water.

You're doing fine. Don't worry about what you "should" be able to play. Focus on learning your basics and learning songs that you enjoy. You'll get there
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by adr11iano
by 4 months id say nailed power chords and the main open chords
maybe made a start on barre chords and a few scales

I got 3 positions of Am down, and i have some bar chords down, B, Bm, F and F#m, and C#m.

EDIT: I can play smoke on the water intro...but too easy to mention.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Get a haircut and get a real job, hippie!
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
what you can play at 4 months depends on amount of practice...some people play better at 4 months than some other guy whose played 2 years...its all about practice.

and always challenge yourself.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
it's a good start, but focus also on chords and try to learn minor pentatonic all over the fret. Also, play some exercises from lessons. You can also learn some easy technics or master them if you already use them, like bending, vibrato, slide, tapping and you should also start practising strict alternate picking or economy picking, so that you won't creat bad habits, 'cause that sucks... ;P lol nyway, you're rocking!
hands down.
Quote by Rounder01
Im wondering if Im staying on too easy songs or what.

I can play taxman solo, Get back solos, Mary janes last dance solo. What song is about the skill level of a 4 month guitar player? I can also play basic chords pretty well.

There's not really any such thing as songs that are "too easy", particularly for a beginner. It's not like levelling up in a video game, being able to play something that you rate at a certain difficulty level doesn't automatically mean you can "beat" everything that's below that level.

When you're starting out it's important not to rush too far ahead...there's a massive difference between knowing how to do something, being able to do it and being able to do it well.

At 4 months you should still be concentrating on nailing the basics - changing chords quickly and smoothly, fretting individual notes accurately, picking single strings etc.

Everything new that you learn will benefit you a lot...with the guitar there's only stuff you know and stuff you don't know, and anything you don't know will need to be learned no matter how easy you think it is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Black Sabbath - Iron Man/Paranoid ;D
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Tender Surrender - Steve Vai

......... ok more seriously at least one whole song all the way through memorized and the intros to ALOT of songs. YOu should also be experimenting with scales quite often and should be starting to memorize a scale throughout the entire fretboard for at least one key.

songs i recommend learning if your not there yet?

Landing in London - 3 doors down
wish you were here - pink floyd
Is there anybody out there - pink floyd
knocking on heavens door - bob dylan