Hi, I searched and found nothing.

I'm looking for a small bodied bass or a bass with a smallish neck, preferably one with both.

Budget isn't toooo much of a problem as I'll be buying this in quite a while, so I've got time to save.

I've got my Stingray for in the studio and practicing, but I'm looking for a smaller bass also for when I play live, as I look tiny when I'm playing my Stingray and would really prefer a smaller one for gigging, pretty much the size of a regular guitar, but a bass. I realise this is a totally dumbass question, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Last edited by BassyJoey at Apr 13, 2008,
For a bass with a really small neck check out the Ibanez SR series. Really thin necks, gotta love it.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
You want small? You got small:

If you don't want an all graphite bass, there are other options available to you.

That is a 34" though, so the neck isn't shorter.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Thanks for the responses, I meant literally 2 inches or something off the length of the neck (if basses like that even exist) and also perhaps with a small body, Mustangs are good but the bodies might be slightly too big for me, I'd have to try one out.

Also Steinbergers are totally badass, I just don't think I could bring myself to buy one :-(
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Quote by BassyJoey
Thanks for the responses, I meant literally 2 inches or something off the length of the neck (if basses like that even exist) and also perhaps with a small body, Mustangs are good but the bodies might be slightly too big for me, I'd have to try one out.

Also Steinbergers are totally badass, I just don't think I could bring myself to buy one :-(

Try a Hohner Jack? All the technical benefits of the Steinberger parts, and EMG pups; wrapped up in a more conventional, wooden body. It's slim, light, short; available with 4 strings or 5.
And it would be a good bit cheaper than a Ned Special.
Aren't the baritone Jaguar guitars like this? Or, if you have the money, get a Fender Bass VI. [drool]
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Gibson is famous for their short scale basses, particularly their SG and Les Paul basses. Fender's Mustang bass is probably your only popular choice if you don't want to own a Gibson. Also, look into a lot of vintage basses. Back in the day when the electric bass was young, they did not have an industry standard scale length, many companies had their own scale length, such as Gibson which had their 30.5 inch (I think) scale, and Fender which lucked out with creating the 34 inch scale.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke