I have a Peavey 6505+, and I plugged my pedal board into the return jack on the back, and I accidentally unplugged one of the cables in my pedal board. Before I could plug it back in, I heard a popping, and now my amp doesn't play as loud as it does before (I have to turn it up to at least 2 to hear it, but before that was balls loud). What did I do, blow the tubes?
check the tubes to see if there all lit up, if there not you blew em. if they are you coulda blown your speakers.
check your speakers.
take your pedalboard out.
try with different cab if possible.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Yeah, the tubes are all lit up.

Is there any white, or gray almost burn-like color on the sides, or is the top clear?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
No, they're all orange.

None of them glow dark red either?

If not, then try using different guitars/cables/without the pedals/ect.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
None of them glow dark red either?

If not, then try using different guitars/cables/without the pedals/ect.

No, they're all the same color, basically. I tried without the pedal board and got hte same result, I'll swap out the cables in a moment and I'll edit my reply.

EDIT: No luck with the cable.
Last edited by VIRUSDETECTED at Apr 13, 2008,
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
No, they're all the same color, basically. I tried without the pedal board and got hte same result, I'll swap out the cables in a moment and I'll edit my reply.

EDIT: No luck with the cable.

How about guitar? Check if the speakers are good, if they are, then is the time to worry.

Also, check if any of the tubes are loose, if they are, report back
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
maybe your just freaked out and nothing really happened. if it still sounds good then i wouldnt worry about it. dont go messing around in there b/c your at high risk to die from shock. and trust me, you will be able to know when a tube is gone. your tone will suck ass.
Well Enough Alone