ok whenever im playing now, im noticing that the E, A, and D are way too overpowering and they drown out the the other notes im playing. My amp is a marshall 15DFx(yes yes i know how bad it is) and the bass is set all the way down and it still doesnt help. any suggestions?

this is most annoying when i play big sur moon as the loud bass completely takes away most of the delay effects and it sounds like boiled crap..
You might also have your tone knob turned all the way down. If it has worked in the past but now it doesn't, it is probably an electrical problem
for that song, are you palm muting when you do the arpeggios? cuz if not, then they'll ruin the delay at the top for sure. just checkin.

ps, good song choice, buckethead FTW
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
I had the same problem with an MG15, the bass would just rattle the amp, got really annoying.
I have a Roland Cube 30x now though, a million times better.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
wow! i was just having this problem yesterday (Mg30) it took me like twenty minutes to find the sweet spot. i was playing through a humbucker. after i tapped it to single it got a little better but its probably th amp. i've been kicking myself ever since i bought it.
my guitar is an epiphone G-400
it has the same stock humbuckers that came with it
the neck pickup is evenly set and the bridge pickup seems to be higher on the treble side, the treble setting on my amp is set to all the way.

well i tried playing the guitar through my computer speakers through the use of a lexicon recording studio and there was absolutely no problem with the bass, i guess its just my amp

thanks for the responses people

p.s big sur moon is a bad ass song, not that hard to play either but extremely impressive sounding... i hope buckethead plays it when i go see him in concert in chicago next month...

BTW i am palm muting when i play the song except for the fast treble parts
I'm becoming alarmed by how many times I open a thread asking what should be a simple question with a simple answer and a bunch of people start coming up with crazy ideas about what's wrong and how to fix it.

Bass strings overpowering treble strings? Adjust pickup height. There, problem solved.

The relationship is affected by your amp but then when you get a new amp just adjust it again, it's not hard to adjust the pickups.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
I'm becoming alarmed by how many times I open a thread asking what should be a simple question with a simple answer and a bunch of people start coming up with crazy ideas about what's wrong and how to fix it.

Bass strings overpowering treble strings? Adjust pickup height. There, problem solved.

The relationship is affected by your amp but then when you get a new amp just adjust it again, it's not hard to adjust the pickups.

agreed .. simple problem, simple solution