Anyone had experience/own them? what kind of tone do they get? what style of music are they suited for? Prices? thanks in advance.
well, ive only heard good things about them. and all the demos ive heard involving them sound top notch. id say go for one but i dont know style or budget.
What kind of tone are you looking for?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
They're great amps, but I could never own one. Why?

Well, when I first saw the thread title, I thought it said "Boner Heads".
They are metal amps with way too much gain if you ask me. They sound freaking amazing but you either have no gain or gobs and gobs of it. Don't expect to get alot of clean headroom either.
Quote by Zander155
They are metal amps with way too much gain if you ask me.

What? Most of them are low gain amps.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I think they are muddy well the Ub3rschall whatever you call it haha (sorry im tired) heard a clip of it didnt sound that clear...

loads of gain but yeah just not that clear.
Im quite proud of that LOL

Quote by Unreal445
i found it funny that the pit reported it faster than sky news

Beneath The Fallen
You guys are only talking about the Uberschall though, that's their high gain metal amp. The XTC is a completely different animal, and covers a much wider spectrum of tones from clean to high gain. Their fish preamp is legendary, and was a big piece in Cantrell's rig. Depends what model you're looking at TS, they aren't all aimed at the same tones or styles of music.

http://www.bogneramplification.com/customshop/index.html
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I have a decent amount of experience with the Uberschall. I found that it was very brütal. Some people find it to be muddy, but I didn't think so--much tighter than Dual Recs in my experience. It has a pretty saturated sound, a lot of punchy low end, and an overall dark voicing. I would highly recommend it for metal rhythm playing, though for the price there are other things to try.
The head is $2699 and the Überkab is $999 I believe, but it could be a tad more than that.
The Uberschall may be considered a high gain amp, but the gain is 100% usuable. At max gain the amp stays very tight, unlike Engl's, 5150's, ... It does not sound muddy, but that also depends on your cabinet ofcourse.
The Bogner's are great amps, you won't need any tubescreamers, equalizers etc to improve or correct the sound. Just plug in your guitar and rock, the way it should be if you spend $3000 on on amp.
Everyone who says otherwise has never played a Bogner, or only heard them on YouTube.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Last edited by Ventor at Apr 14, 2008,
I wouldn't say they're mostly low gain. But they're not all Uberschalls. The XTC is a very nice versatile amp and it does have some high gain to it. I think the people who say the Uber is muddy have only seen it on you tube (as have i) and are not taking into accounting ****ty mikes and mike clipping. THey cost about $3000 US i believe (double that out here) and are probably worth it if you know you want a SERIOUS amp.
i think the best i've heard of the uberschall is teppei teranishi from thrice on the artist in the ambulance cd. so amazingly tight.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Bogners are also very darkly voiced amps, which is something to consider. In the X101 I played it had TONS of EQ range, but they are a "tweaker" for sure.
Quote by Erock503
Depends what model you're looking at TS, they aren't all aimed at the same tones or styles of music.

+1

they're also extremely expensive in the UK. You could easily get a cornford (or similar) for bogner money. Obviously you may prefer the bogner, but as it's american-made, just because it's more expensive (in the UK) doesn't mean it's better, basically. a lot of that extra cost is customs, shipping, and profiteering/extortion by the distributor/shop.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

they're also extremely expensive in the UK. You could easily get a cornford (or similar) for bogner money. Obviously you may prefer the bogner, but as it's american-made, just because it's more expensive (in the UK) doesn't mean it's better, basically. a lot of that extra cost is customs, shipping, and profiteering/extortion by the distributor/shop.

cornford doesnt have nearly enough gain even the hellcat struggles. Engl is the way to go unless you want the darker tones. Th Brunetti amps are dark voiced but they have reliability problems (hey well they are italian!)
i dunno, the cornfords i've tried have plenty of gain, but i'd agree that the voicing isn't terribly metal. sweet amps though.

good call on the brunetti, i really liked the xlr-evo i tried (but as i've only tried them in a shop, i can't comment on the reliability). It also had a voicing control to let you switch between brighter and darker tones (and everything in-between) which was very cool.

Engls are badass too (I have one).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a Bogner Uberschall and a caveman. the best thing i have bought. I play metal, rock
I don't know what to make of them really, I've heard clips of them sounding very nice and clips of them sounding terrible. The fact that A7X uses them :P and they are very expensive puts me off. Most Engls kill them imo, but tone is subjective, you really have to hear it for yourself.
Quote by david_safc
I don't know what to make of them really, I've heard clips of them sounding very nice and clips of them sounding terrible. The fact that A7X uses them :P and they are very expensive puts me off. Most Engls kill them imo, but tone is subjective, you really have to hear it for yourself.

No man, really. The only ENGL I heard that comes close to an Uberschall is the SE.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
No man, really. The only ENGL I heard that comes close to an Uberschall is the SE.

As I said, tone is subjective. In my opinion the SE, Savage, Invader, Fireball, Powerball, and Blackmore all own it.
Quote by david_safc
As I said, tone is subjective. In my opinion the SE, Savage, Invader, Fireball, Powerball, and Blackmore all own it.

Do you base that on personal experience? Have you actually tried all those amps next to a Bogner, or only heard youtube clips?
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Last edited by Ventor at Apr 16, 2008,
^ i've tried an engl se next to a bogner ecstacy... i couldn't pick to be honest, they're both extremely sweet. i'd definitely take a bogner over something like a screamer, but then here the screamer is only about one quarter the price...

(i haven't tried an uberschall)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?