I know this is a silly question but, Is putting a capo on the fith fret or higher a taboo in the guitar world? I know ive seen some people put capos on maybe 8th or 9th fret and have gotten crap because its that high. But is putting a capo on the fith fret to high?
you dont need a capo on the fifth fret. just play a string higher. and dont take **** from people about where your capo is... it shouldnt matter if your playing is better/easier.
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
Do whatever the hell you want with it. It really doesn't matter, music is an art. Its open to new things, go ahead, its been done plenty of times. weather its a taboo or not really shouldn't phase you. If you find reason to, then do it.
Well, your right that is kind of a silly question, it's fine to place a capo that high, you just need to know what sound you want, i often play it on the 6th and 7th frets and its fine, you just need the right kind of tune to play.
There's a lot of songs with capos on the 5th fret. As for the 8th or 9th fret, the guitar just kind of starts to sound like a ukelele or something. Plus, you could just tune down to C to accomplish the same thing as an 8th fret capo, but with more range.
Thanks guys, sorry im very paranoid when it comes to silly insignificant stuff.