I have this old Synsonics brand strat copy that has one single coil and a built in speaker. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking when I salvaged parts from it to use on my other guitars and I have no idea how to wire it up again so the speaker will work. I'm new to wiring but I'm pretty sure all I essentially need to make it work is a battery, the speaker, and the pickup (Im probably wrong but...)
My question is: Does anybody have experience with this kind of guitar? Does anyone have an idea of how to wire it up again?
Thanks
well basically instead of having it run into an output jack just have it run into the speaker or speaker controls. I plan on doing this same thing but putting a switch in so i can switch it to be the speaker in it or the output jack.
Quote by thegrungyhippie
I have this old Synsonics brand strat copy that has one single coil and a built in speaker. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking when I salvaged parts from it to use on my other guitars and I have no idea how to wire it up again so the speaker will work. I'm new to wiring but I'm pretty sure all I essentially need to make it work is a battery, the speaker, and the pickup (Im probably wrong but...)
My question is: Does anybody have experience with this kind of guitar? Does anyone have an idea of how to wire it up again?
Thanks

I dont mean to go off topic but are those guitars any good? My school wants to get one.
Quote by the_poison125
I dont mean to go off topic but are those guitars any good? My school wants to get one.

nah, they aren't very good. It's probably ok for a school though. Im doing this more for a learning experience.

Ah so I need another amplifier... hmm. I could probably find it somewhere because I remember there being a chip in the guitar of some sort. I'll find it and post a pic because I will have no idea how to wire it up.
Last edited by thegrungyhippie at Apr 15, 2008,

I found it pretty quick.
At least i think this is the amp? Has a switch and an led on it also.
I can get a better picture or maybe come up with a drawing if someone can help me where to put what. (If that makes sense at all).