If you play very thechnical metal core (stuff like August Burns Red and Between The Buried And Me) can u pretty much play any type of rock easily? This does not include finger style. Thx
It's different styles so different techniques/note use e.t.c so probably not
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I dunno nothin' 'bout no thechnical metalcore.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
if you had those skills down you probably would be able to play most types of metal fairly well
but it doesnt necessarily translate across to other styles
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by Dragos1234
If you play very thechnical metal core (stuff like August Burns Red and Between The Buried And Me) can u pretty much play any type of rock easily? This does not include finger style. Thx

No. If it's a style you're not familiar with then you need to learn it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well I would say if you can play BTBAM then you probably have the technique to play most types of music but whether you can from a theory point of view or not is a whole other matter.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I think it is a matter of feel.

Anyone can play the blues, but, do you have the feel for it to sound truly good.

Angus and Malcom are great examples-simple set ups, simple songs, yet they get their own sound because of how they play and treat their instruments, i.e., their feel.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
Generally, if you can play well with one style of music, you can play at least decently with another one after you learn the rhythym and techniques. My girlfriend used to only play classical, but after I taught her how to play metal she adapted quite quickly.