What's the best guitar for metal? (Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc.)
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Oh, right:
maximum six hundred.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
whatever you think plays best... as long as it has a humbucker in the bridge it'll work.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Depends on you, really. If there were an actual "best" guitar for metal, every metal guitarist would play the same thing.
Quote by Dark_Raven10
whatever you think plays best... as long as it has a humbucker in the bridge it'll work.

Considering all of Iron Maiden's guitarists play strats...
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
BC RICH WARLOCK
ITS TEH PWNZ!

jk of course.

Just try out some guitars [usually with humbuckers] and see which one is easiest for you to play on and matches your style.

Try some Jacksons
Call me Trey.
Fender makes strats with a humbucker at the bridge.

If $600 is your limit, check out Jackson and ESP. Stay away from BC Rich, Dean, and Ibanez if you want a quality instrument.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
you could probably get a nice LTD for around $600. You can also save up a little bit more and get a Jackson RR3. ebay is great for used stuff. Just keep looking around on some websites like musiciansfriend.com and you'll probably find something that you will like.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
ibanez is okay, but thats the thing with BC rich...the low quality and high quality guitars all go by the same name.

this is a silly thread to be honest. mate, you gotta figure out which style works best for you. what do you want from your guitar playing? Iron maiden uses strats yes! but their sound is TOTALLY different from something like Slayer, wielding BC rich, ESP and the other various instruments used.

pick up and play everything, spend a couple hours in a big guitar store, asking questions, and feeling out instruments.
I would go for a Dean. find one that you like with a good sound. of course it may be a little higher than 600 but you may get lucky. ive owned two never had a problem actually still own one. much better quality than my ibanez
Quote by WishIHadAGibson
You know youre a guitar player when you try to match the pitch of your guitar with a vacuum cleaner...

...mine's a Bb by the way...

OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #1
Thank you.
look for a charvel model 6.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
look mate go out to a decent large sized repped company and try them all, personally metasil guitars that i play have EMGs in them, thats jus me and i also play through a Laney stack to get a metal sound where most people prefer Marshalls or mesas or anything, we all have different oppinions its time for you to be tellin us what you like not us giving you advice on our views as there are millions of guitars out there and we all different

so in the words of Dime 'Getcha Pull'
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by gm jack
Considering all of Iron Maiden's guitarists play strats...

All loaded with humbuckers in one form or other; also one of them (I can't remember which) uses an SG and a double necked Jackson (I think) live.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Try out a Gibson Explorer
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball