What are some good amp settings for some good, heavy metal? Currently I have bass all the way up, treble all the way up, gain all the way, and no mids. It sounds good but is there anything else that would make it a little heavier and deeper-sounding? Thanks.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Well what amp do you have? You can probably try putting the mids at about 4 or 5.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Turn treble down a tiny bit, and bass a little. What amp do you have?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
it may sound deeper if you dont saturate your tone make more subtle EQ changes and lower the gain get gain from how hard you play and it will sound tighter and therefore heavier
Turn gain down to about 6.5, mids up to about... 3, treble down to 7 or 8, bass down to 7, and that should sound somewhat decent.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
turn gain down a little bit and keep everything relatively equal. then watch the treble to limit the harshness of your tone.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I use these settings:

Treble: 7
Bass: 5.5-6
Mids: 4
Gain: 7.5-8

But it just works for me. Tweak your settings and find your own tone!
Quote by Jacob6293
What are some good amp settings for some good, heavy metal? Currently I have bass all the way up, treble all the way up, gain all the way, and no mids. It sounds good but is there anything else that would make it a little heavier and deeper-sounding? Thanks.

Ah god. The famous 'scooped' sound. This setting may sound great on your own but if you play in a band, you'll not cut through for ****. Mids are the way!

I can't really say much for EQ since it relies heavily on your guitar and amp and whatever pedals you have to go with it.
i seriously lol'ed when i read you have gain treble and bass dimed and mids set to nothing.

depending on your gear you should try something more along these lines:

bass:6
mids:8
treble:5
gain:7-9

that should thicken your sound up
Personally, I lke a metal tone with boosted mids rather than cut. Evrything just has more definition, and is more punchy. The tone also sounds thicker, which is what I would imagen you would want for a metal tone.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park