Yeah... I want an all tube head and my price range is about 600 but i'm willing to go higher. i play tons of metal and stuff but i might want the ocasional stairway to heaven sound so i need some help from someone... thanks
i had the 60 watt combo. it had real good tone for metal. buyer beware though, lots of people have had reliability issues. Mine started acting up. I had no problems contacting customer service though.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
i had the 60 watt combo. it had real good tone for metal. buyer beware though, lots of people have had reliability issues. Mine started acting up. I had no problems contacting customer service though.

The older B-52s had some quality control issues, but it seems like they've cleared that up. They have good customer service. The AT100 seems like a solid choice.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
You could save up like $100 more and get a used Carvin V3 on ebay. Infinitely more versatile and reliable amp IMO.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by mike.h
The older B-52s had some quality control issues, but it seems like they've cleared that up. They have good customer service. The AT100 seems like a solid choice.

How old? Mine was a little more than a year old.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
remember you have to incorporate the cabinet into that budget too. You dont want to get a nice head but a crappy cab.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
If you have a cab great choice, if you are saying 600 is a budget and your spending 300 on a cab also, No.

If you have enough for head and cab get a nicer combo, the b52 is good, i have one and love it, but if you can get a better combo you might as well because your not going to get past 3 or 4 on the volume untill your ears hurt. If your worried about volume that is.
i am planning to spend another 500 or so on the cab so no worries.

not really worried bout the volume anymore.

cheers. really helped alot. i love you guys xD
You could get a extremely nice combo for 1100 though. The b52 is nice, but if your spending that much you may as well get something sick like a mark IV if you could find one cheaper. Theres others around the price great for metal, even a 5150 halfstack would be better for really heavy stuff at that price..
Quote by gsr2k6
You could get a extremely nice combo for 1100 though. The b52 is nice, but if your spending that much you may as well get something sick like a mark IV if you could find one cheaper. Theres others around the price great for metal, even a 5150 halfstack would be better for really heavy stuff at that price..

Mark IV combo ftw if you can find it. Or a uesd Carvin V3 as mentioned before.
Great amp. But, if you're spending $1100, get a real Mesa rather than a budget one(what some, including myself, would call the B-52 AT-series).

+1 to the Mark IV

If you do decide on the B-52, though, I own the 60W combo. It really is a great amp for the price. Hell, I got mine for $300 just out of the factory. I've also played the 100W combo, and it definitely has better cleans.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I really think the general idea is if you want to go for the b52 combo and save yourself some cash that would be a good route. If your putting 1100 into a b52 half stack, a 1100 combo would have better tone, and probly just as much volume at 85watts which is the mark iv which is about 1400 used but if you hear one in person you most likley will save for one. If thats not your style your still better off looking for a 1000+ combo. It would be worth it.

Although if you really want a 100 watt halfstack then thats what you want, I have one and I wish I would have went for a used tube combo, but damn its fun.
wow thanks for all the responses.
ima check ebay for the mark IV.
I would buy a mesa but its hella expensive...