I'm planning on spending about 1500-2000 *USD* on a new stack, im deffinetly looking for a tube, but i want to keep it simple. I'm just looking for a simple head (even a 1 channel) as long as it has good cleans and can handle distortion. Since I know you will ask if I don't mention it, I play punk, rock, and alt. rock. Touching into grunge occasionally. (Alkaline Trio, Rise Against, Weezer, Offspring, Nirvana) and I will be playing a 2008 Fender American Standard Strat. (I will be replacing the pickups with single sized humbuckers.)

I was looking at the Marshall JCM800 and the Budda Superdrive 30 or 45 as far as heads go, and I have no clue about cabs yet. So let me know what you think.
ENGL or VHT are definitely brands to check out.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
to minibrowny, what the **** kind of question is that, I warrant the power because I can buy it and play.
marshall pelxi or jcm900 dual reverb
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by hellocomatose
to minibrowny, what the **** kind of question is that, I warrant the power because I can buy it and play.

Its a sensible one. Tube amps sound better when cranked, ergo, buy a combo with lower power.
its actually a logical question
if you aren't playing shows at huge venues with thouands of people
you could save yourself some money and just get a combo, it would be plenty loud.
but if you're set on a half stack, i did forget orange would definitely be the perfect amp
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by hellocomatose
so are you saying get a low watt tube and crank it?

you may be happier if you go with that, then you'll be able to sound good even when you can't practise very loud because people are complaining.
Check out a 30 or 50 watt orange tube amp.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
its actually a logical question
if you aren't playing shows at huge venues with thouands of people
you could save yourself some money and just get a combo, it would be plenty loud.
but if you're set on a half stack, i did forget orange would definitely be the perfect amp

Exactly.

Yeah, get an Orange, a Thunderbird of Rockeverb, they both have attenuators and you can get a small cab.
Orange has nice set ups... personally. Ive used Mesas my whole life... Dual rectifier head and angled rectifier cabinet
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
I would say the Marshall JCM800 would be a great choice. They have really nice cleans, and you should be able to get enough distortion for what you play. Might want to add an overdrive pedal though, just to tighten things up a bit. As far as cabs go, look into Avatar. They have awesome deals on the Traditional cabs with Vintage 30s.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I've seen and heard the EVH III, it's amazing, you should at least try it out.
Quote by grim1
I've seen and heard the EVH III, it's amazing, you should at least try it out.

+1, although i do have a bias opinion, kind of an EVH fan boy...
but if you really need a half stack, which you probably don't, ENGL makes great amps, check them out too.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.