Page 1 of 2
Yeah and well I looked around, saw a Marshall plexi, a couple of Fender Hot rods, Epis, Gibson, etc. But I didn't find the peavey classic 30's. So I went to the guy in charged of the amps and asked him if they had any in stock. He checked and said yes.

So I said ok, and then (lol) I said, "I've heard you guys are clearing em' out so can you give me one for $400?" He stood there looking at me like "Are you kidding me?"

Then he cracked up infront of me for like 3 mins. and asked where did I hear such crap.

I felt like just saying, "allright then F you, good day!" but instead I asked "why not?"

He said there was no GC anywhere that was clearing out their peavey classic 30's, BUT that he could order the older version of the Peavey classic 30 to my house for $400 which wasn't too bad of a deal, but then he said that it would be better for ME to buy the newer version because peavey (supposely) improved them far more better then what they were before. All I noticed from the new and the old version are the looks, size, stock tubes which the new version comes with with JJ's, and valveguard.

yeah...and that was my day

Time to go on Ebay..
Your GC has a plexi? Ours sold the one they had 6 months ago and seems keen on replacing all the old Marshalls with damn Mesas
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany
Your GC has a plexi? Ours sold the one they had 6 months ago and seems keen on replacing all the old Marshalls with damn Mesas

yeah mine had a whole lotta mesas
Quote by acdcrocks0323
The older ones are the same besides the tubes and tubeguard. I actually like the look of the old ones.

+1

And you have to change out tubes, anyway. If the difference is a couple hundred bucks, and the old one is "new old stock," I'd go for the old one.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by thankyougermany

ThATz cuZ eVry1 Iz iN2 TEh Br00TalZ d00D.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
ThATz cuZ eVry1 Iz iN2 TEh Br00TalZ d00D.

No its because Mesa > Marshall at ANY point.

Sorry i said it
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
He actually laughed, eh?

I had heard from my local GC hook up that they're gonna stop cutting prices and haggling in the near future. He was basically like "need to do some shopping, might want to think about doing it soon."
Someone's always hearing from their friend that GC is going to stop haggling. I've been hearing it for years, hasn't happened yet.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Hcmanu

Sorry i said it

+14

marshalls are so overrated/overused.
Mesa/Boogie (also known as Mesa Engineering) is a company in Petaluma, California that makes amplifiers for guitars and basses. It has been in operation since 1971.

Those a 70-80 guitarist, A brand cannot became extra famous in 10-15 years.

Well its opinions dont quote me on this :P

Those last years alot of great guitarist started to use mesa since they are so kickass.

John P

FACEBOOK
hcmanu, marshall became famous the second it put out a fullstack. ride that lightning bitch.
Quote by killerswan
+14

marshalls are so overrated/overused.

Have you ever cranked a 100 watt Marshall Super Lead or JTM45? No? Then you wouldn't know. Now if you are talking about stuff made in the last 15 years by Marshall, you are right. They aren't very good.

Quote by Swat Man
ACDC you forgot john frusciante

Yes, I did.
Those are ****ing opinions guys.

OPINIONS LOL.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Schneiderman
Someone's always hearing from their friend that GC is going to stop haggling. I've been hearing it for years, hasn't happened yet.

True enough. This seemed to be more on the level, because it was between my co-worker (who is ex-GC) and one of his old GC co-workers outside of an actual GC.

But you're definitely right, it's a "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Have you ever cranked a 100 watt Marshall Super Lead or JTM45? No? Then you wouldn't know. Now if you are talking about stuff made in the last 15 years by Marshall, you are right. They aren't very good.

you didnt give me a chance to answer..
no. i haven't.
but mesa's dual recifiers are god.
just an opinion, sorry.
My statement is.
You're retarded for saying mesa is better than marshall, or marshall is better than mesa.
They are meant for extremely different genres (for the most part, wylde and king the exceptions). Mesa=br00talz, marshall=mid gain
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
My statement is.
You're retarded for saying mesa is better than marshall, or marshall is better than mesa.
They are meant for extremely different genres (for the most part, wylde and king the exceptions). Mesa=br00talz, marshall=mid gain

If im wrong they are mid gain Mesa and high gain marshall <_<

FACEBOOK
there both great amps meant for different s***. my (rich as hell) friend got both a mesa and marshall just cause of the different tones. but then again, he's rich as hell....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by Hcmanu

ROFL! you've never played a Mesa have you?

damnit people, get over yourselves. nobody listens to the same exact music, so not everyone is going to like the same tone out of an amp. therefore, nobody will ever agree with anyone. Newton's first law.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by guitardude11

damnit people, get over yourselves. nobody listens to the same exact music, so not everyone is going to like the same tone out of an amp. therefore, nobody will ever agree with anyone. Newton's first law.

My uncle carry then at his shop.

Yes ive played a lOTS of mesa, Its sure that u cant get the British classic tone from marshall but they can do mid gain stuff pretty well.

Opinions guys xD

FACEBOOK
Quote by guitardude11

I was playing a mesa today, and I play blooz.

I also know of a couple R&B guitarists that use Mesas. So to say that they are only for teh br00talz is incorrect.

I was at GC today and I was pissed because they only had one Peavey Delta Blues, and it had a blow tube.
Quote by esp1234
They also had Savage amps.

They make them 30 miles from my house....botique...but how do they sound?

Quote by Hcmanu

yes, but thats not what either of them are famous for.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by esp1234
They also had Savage amps.

That's cool. Usually they don't carry smaller brands. The one in Fountain Valley, CA has a bunch of vintage gear, a Hughes and Kettner head, Hamer axes, and I thought I say a few Kustoms and Kranks as well.
Quote by BaffAttack
I had heard from my local GC hook up that they're gonna stop cutting prices and haggling in the near future. He was basically like "need to do some shopping, might want to think about doing it soon."

That is already taking place. Most of the employees cannot change prices anymore. I used to work there and was just there last week to pick up strings when one of the guys I worked with told me the new deal. I'm sure there will be ways around it, you'll probably have to talk with the manager rather than just anybody from now on. GC is all about selling gear, there's no way they're going to let deals walk out the door.
Quote by Hcmanu
My uncle carry then at his shop.

Yes ive played a lOTS of mesa, Its sure that u cant get the British classic tone from marshall but they can do mid gain stuff pretty well.
Opinions guys xD

Facepalm. Marshall IS the classic british tone. Mesa is not.
Quote by kool98769
They make them 30 miles from my house....botique...but how do they sound?

yes, but thats not what either of them are famous for.

I didn't try it out. I was really dissapointed that they didn't have what I was looking for. So yeah I preety much came in, looked around, asked, and left.
Quote by Guitarmiester
That is already taking place. Most of the employees cannot change prices anymore. I used to work there and was just there last week to pick up strings when one of the guys I worked with told me the new deal. I'm sure there will be ways around it, you'll probably have to talk with the manager rather than just anybody from now on. GC is all about selling gear, there's no way they're going to let deals walk out the door.

Mmm...I know just what to do.

/once again thanks the other local shop in constant competition with GC
Quote by imgooley
That's cool. Usually they don't carry smaller brands. The one in Fountain Valley, CA has a bunch of vintage gear, a Hughes and Kettner head, Hamer axes, and I thought I say a few Kustoms and Kranks as well.

I'll second that...they also had a fuchs and some other matchless clone as well. Too bad the crew there are retarded.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
LMAO!!! I just remembered. There was this dude that grabbed a guitar, plugged it into a 75watt spider im sure, and started to play HARDCORE METAL and started headbanging and all that crap. lol yeah so then he goes "Yeap, this line 6 definetly blows any amp in the market today"
Those exact words my friends. Lol, I felt so sorry for the guy.
Quote by esp1234
LMAO!!! I just remembered. There was this dude that grabbed a guitar, plugged it into a 75watt spider im sure, and started to play HARDCORE METAL and started headbanging and all that crap. lol yeah so then he goes "Yeap, this line 6 definetly blows any amp in the market today"
Those exact words my friends. Lol, I felt so sorry for the guy.

Ignorance is bliss.
Quote by omghi2u
I'll second that...they also had a fuchs and some other matchless clone as well. Too bad the crew there are retarded.

I really dig that Dean Chrome G that they got hangin on the wall there. They have a real lean selection of semi hollows though, and the Vox amps are NEVER plugged in. I really want to try one of those Ampeg combos that got there.
Quote by imgooley
and the Vox amps are NEVER plugged in.
Dude, no sh't. I wanted to try one of 'em last time I was there and they only had 1 AC30 plugged in with a broken input cable and tons of them just laying around. I wanted to try an AC15 too but that again, wasn't plugged in. I didn't even bother asking them for another one knowing the pain they'll give me. I just kinda wander around now and help myself.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by omghi2u
I didn't even bother asking them for another one knowing the pain they'll give me. I just kinda wander around now and help myself.

I wonder why are the emplyess such a holes at getting people what they need. Some say, "oh yeah, we don't carry that amp sorry!" but then others kindly check in the computer and tell you, but really if you have a job, DO YOUR damn job well DAMMIT. Hell, If i'd work at samash or GC id be happy to wake up at 8 am every morning, and help people with their needs.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Really? Tell that to Angus Young, Jimmy Page, Randy Rhoades, Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Zakk Wylde, Kerry King, etc.

Who the hell is Randy Rhoades?

Dude, how could you forget Randy Rhoads!? Randy Rhoads should be in that list man.

You have Angus, Page, Slash, Hendrix and ZAKK WYLDE of all people and no Rhoads?

For shame.

Quote by acdcrocks0323

Have you?

If you have, I'd like to know what your hearing's like as well as your mentality because you'd have to be absolutely nuts to crank a Super 100.

That sounds pretty dickish of that guy TS. Cheers for being cool about it though!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Hcmanu

Sorry i said it

It's okay, you can be excused, you like metalcore. That can be cured with therapy
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Page 1 of 2