The amp that Josh Homme uses (according to Wikipedia) and having read a few reviews I've heard it works fantastically considering it's a bass amp. It'll be a bitch to find one used without paying stupid amounts to buy/fix it, could anyone suggest an amp which could provide that bassy, heavily distorted QOTSA tone?

I'd want something which could do good cleans too, and around the £500 mark. And yes, I know I'm probably asking quite a lot.

Cheers!
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
there is no better amp than the vt-22 or v-4, i own a vt-22 and it is sick with qotsa type-tone. played through a big muff pedal, and a boss super overdrive with .13 wound 3rd strings and your in homme heaven

i got mine on ebay for 700 dollars, i would have paid 2000 for this tone

im a queens fan all so, and love the tone so dont look back get one (vt-22) of these tomorrow
I'd love to and probably will if I can find one second-hand, I'm asking more for something similar in case I can't get one for a reasonable price. What are the cleans like on the VT-22, anyway? Cheers!
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
there is only cleans on the 1970-1975 and a clean and weird fuzz type distortion on the 1976-1981, but the cleans are amazing too, all around its such a good amp i would not recommand anything else but the fender deluxe reverb (vintage also) is the closest to its tone

this is the loudest amp (vt-22) i have ever heard and played, they dont make amps like this anymore, so f your lookin for a new amp to get a classic tube like tone, stop lookin there are none but vintage amps

there are a couple vt-22 on ebay right now, mostly all the time so just wait till a nice one comes up and bid it. not toomany people know about these amps, so you can get them cheap