I am looking into buying a new tube amp and i want to know which one of these amps would be better. I can't seem to figure out which would be better so i figured that i would ask you guys. I play mostly John Mayer, Eric Clapton, SRV, BB King, and Jimi Hendrix. I'm really trying to nail that John Mayer and SRV tone. I have a 2007 American standard stratocaster and i use a ts808 for alot of my bluesy stuff. I also have another question. Right now my amp is a line 6 spider 2 120 watt So i was wondering how much i could get for it on ebay. It is in very good condition and has no dings or marks. I was thinking i was going to get around 200$ But i don't know so thats why im asking you guys.

If you could answer both of those questions that would be great!!
Thanks!
ehh im not a fan of the hot rods. if you want a bluesy amp i suggest either a blues junior or blues deluxe. people seem to like them more than the hot rod series
I say the deluxe because it'll break up sooner.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
We just told you some...
Get a deluxe (blues deluxe preferably), or something along those lines.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The Deville is pretty nice though, you get amazing cleans from that thing because of the two speakers. I had used a HRD for a month or so of gigging (my head was in the shop) and I had to mic it because I found the single speaker didn't hold up at high volumes, I switched to a DeVille for a few weeks and it handled the high volume much better.

They're both very good amps though for the price.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
^ How would you compare your Supersonic to the HR DeVille? Cleans and overall?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
There's a difference because the SS cab I have is closed back, so I find the cleans a tad brighter. But the Bassman channel is pretty amazing when it starts breaking up (though you've got to be in a large venue for that to happen, as the amp is freakishly loud). The cleans in Deville hold up surprisingly well though. My Dad has been playing for 40+ years and he swears by the Deville.

I basically bought the Supersonic for Fender cleans + high gain. The gain channel in the SS can do anything from Metal to Blues to classic rock. Obviously the OD in the HRD/Devilles can't do that. Overall the Supersonic is better IMO.
TC Electronics G Major
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I aslo play alot of RHCP so could a fender pull that off because i know John Frusciante used Marshall amps.
i second teh bumps

also looking to buy a fender hot rod deluxe or deville in aus,
am getting john mayer signature strat for my 18th in a month
and am planning on using my 18th money from friends/fam and my tax return
to buy one of these amps and a TS808
dont bump it we already told you the blues deluxe or blues junior are better for what you play
I would go with the Deville if you're gigging. I found it had way more clean headroom than the Hot Rod, and a larger sound in general (I had a 2x12 but a 4x10 could be better, not sure).
TC Electronics G Major
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I liked the Deville's tone. But I chose the Traynor YCV50 cause It has better gain(IMHO). Maybe give that a look. They are about the same price.