Page 1 of 3
I need an opinion,

I'm 13 and during the summer i'm getting a caddy job, the hours are 6am-12pm (6 hours), and i work 5 days a week for overall $300 a week, and i need help deciding something, which guitars should i get?

I made a couple packages that are options for me, how much they cost, and how long it will take to save up for them, so i was wondering if you guys could tell me which pack is the best.

Here's pack 1:

Epiphone SG Prophecy EX Electric Guitar with EMG 81/85 Pickups = $550
Epiphone B-Stock Les Paul Custom Electric Guitar = $650
Coffin Case G-185 Universal Electric Guitar Case = $100
TAX
------------------
Total for Guitar Plan 1: $1484
1 month 1 week of work = $1500

$1500
-$1484
---------
$16
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Pack 2:

Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 Electric Guitar = $400
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon Electric Guitar = $400
Jackson JS30KV King V Electric Guitar = $300
TAX
------------------
Total for Guitar Plan 2: $1484
1 month 1 week = $1500

$1500
-$1484
---------
$16
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally pack 3:

Gibson Faded SG Special Electric Guitar = $700
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Maple Top Electric Guitar = $950
TAX
------------------
Total for Guitar plan 3: $1749
1 month 2 weeks of work: $1800

$1800
-$1749
---------
$51
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just click on the Name of the item and there's a link to it a guitarcenter.com

If it helps I'm into hard Rock, metal, and some blues. Please give me your opinion,

Thanks

EDIT: none of this is relevant anymore!!!!

The big questions now are, what tube amp, effects processer, and guitar i should buy,

These are the main ones im lookin at right now:
Boss GT-8 ($450)
Gibson Faded SG or Flying V (both $700)
Peavy ValveKing 212 ($620) or 112 ($430)
Last edited by Ebucra at Apr 15, 2008,
or you could buy ONE guitar and then get a good amp....
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
i dont get what you're really trying to do buying so much,
are those gonna be your first guitars? do you know how to play, if so how long have you been playing for?
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by ChaoticVengence

+1
buy one really good guitar, or go with ChaoticVengence's idea
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Were all gearheads...
but your just abusing the name. Get 1 good guitar that will have re-sell value (ie not an epi) and get a few pedals and an amp
Quote by Lamrick21
Were all gearheads...
but your just abusing the name. Get 1 good guitar that will have re-sell value (ie not an epi) and get a few pedals and an amp

+100
you'll be much happier if you get one good guitar and one good amp.
for metal and hard rock you should look at the schecter hellraisers which are around $700

also, you should consider saving a lot of that money from your paycheck in a bank account, you'll be glad you did later on.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by ChaoticVengence

Well already have the amp thing figured out, i'm gonna buy a full stack thats like 400 watts
Quote by Lamrick21
Were all gearheads...

I don't like using pedals, and i need at least two guitars, because i hate dragging guitars back and forth from my mom and dads house
hahahaha how completely unecessary!
youll probably never need 400 watts in your life.
save up that money for a car man.
just out of curiosity, what amp is it?
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
P.S., 400 watts? a wee unnecessary, you don't really need that much, most venues you'd play in, (if you would), would mic up your amp into their system anyway. you don't need extreme high wattage for anything, why else would the majority of good amps be in the 100-150 wattage range?
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx

+1 x 5 million
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx

Marshall Head

Marshall Cab

the 120 watt cab review say it can handle 400, but who knows
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx

i said i was 13
Quote by ChaoticVengence

.... got any suggestions?
Quote by Ebucra
Marshall Head

Marshall Cab

the 120 watt cab review say it can handle 400, but who knows

what a horrible choice for an amp.....
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
haha and what do you know its an MG!!
steer for open waters big tuna....
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
gotcha. but really, invest in a guitar that you know you wont want to replace (i mean, of course youll want to replace it, since you are, in fact, a guitarist.) and then buy a cheaper but good feeling guitar to play at the other house...putting something like elixirs strings on the not so good guitar will help prevent you from not wanting to play it. and every guitarist should have a chorus pedal!
Quote by RatmN'Roses
i dont get what you're really trying to do buying so much,
are those gonna be your first guitars? do you know how to play, if so how long have you been playing for?

About 1 1/2 years (but im surprisingly good for that time), but you don't understand....... i have NOTHING else to buy!

And i asked alot of people 'should i blow all my money on one guitar or a couple?'

they all said the second
Quote by Ebucra
i said i was 13

i started saving when i was like 8
mind you i didnt save a whole lot, wish i would have.
but it till helped.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by Ebucra
About 1 1/2 years (but im surprisingly good for that time), but you don't understand....... i have NOTHING else to buy!

And i asked alot of people 'should i blow all my money on one guitar or a couple?'

they all said the second

blowing all your money for the sake of blowing all your money is a bad idea.
get a gibson and a tube combo.
gibsons have good resale values.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by Lamrick21
gotcha. but really, invest in a guitar that you know you wont want to replace (i mean, of course youll want to replace it, since you are, in fact, a guitarist.) and then buy a cheaper but good feeling guitar to play at the other house...putting something like elixirs strings on the not so good guitar will help prevent you from not wanting to play it. and every guitarist should have a chorus pedal!

I already tried the 'better one at one house and worse at other' andi just keep on dragging the better one back on forth! I need 2 EQUALLY good ones!
Quote by Ebucra

they all said the second

Of course they said the second, thats just because in an ideal world were we need to pay for nothing else, we all would buy a new guitar once or twice a month. BTW, it's okay to ask for others opinions, but NEVER do it just because the majority says its a good idea, do what you think is the best battle plan.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
blowing all your money for the sake of blowing all your money is a bad idea.
get a gibson and a tube combo.
gibsons have good resale values.

yeah i thought about a gibson, and everyones pointing to it, so i'll probably get one,

and i want an amp with good built in effects (i hate pedals!)
haha im a fender man. but yeah, gibsons do have good resale too.
speaking of fender...if you can find a Fender "The Twin", not twin reverb or anything, its actually called the twin. They're 100watts of pure tube and loud and a constipated elephant. Probably run you 650 used. The distorion channel is unlike other fenders, seeing how it actually sounds good.
EDIT: didnt see that built in effects thing. sorry. But pedals are the way to go for customizing/maximizing your tone/sound. Though its still your choice
Quote by Ebucra
I already tried the 'better one at one house and worse at other' andi just keep on dragging the better one back on forth! I need 2 EQUALLY good ones!

is it that much of a hassle to bring a guitar back and forth? i doubt that'd be worth the cost of getting another guitar.
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
what a horrible choice for an amp.....

then suggestions!!!! Please!!!! dont say it sucks unless you have something to compare it to!!!!!
If you hate pedals, just buy a processor, it's just like the DSP section on an amp, but a butt load better, because you can tweak it infinitely more than you can on an amp.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
is it that much of a hassle to bring a guitar back and forth? i doubt that'd be worth the cost of getting another guitar.

It is because my mom has a very small car, and i have 4 siblings wanting to bring crap back and forth, and somehow it always ends up on the bottom (weird isn't it)
Quote by METALMOOKE
If you hate pedals, just buy a processor, it's just like the DSP section on an amp, but a butt load better, because you can tweak it infinitely more than you can on an amp.

please suggest something to me
Quote by Ebucra
then suggestions!!!! Please!!!! dont say it sucks unless you have something to compare it to!!!!!

for that much spending on an amp, id recommend a peavey valveking 212 combo....
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
im gonna get creamed for this. but f^ck UG'ers. The MG is NOT a terrible amp. Many people just hate the smaller ones because theyre over-used and such and then others pick-up on that because UG is mainly comprised of (no offense) 13 year olds. Though i personally wouldnt choose an MG(again not my style) as a main amp. I have played the 100watt combo in the store once and was surprised at what it had to offer. Also i know many of the people working at my local music store. One of which is a 57 year old Blues/rock player (jeff beck-ish style) and it happens to be his favorite Marshall (not including when marshall tube amps are cranked beyond 11)
Quote by METALMOOKE

Thank you for suggesting something, i'll probaly go with the Crate
Page 1 of 3