a few weeks back, i played a random marshall i saw somewhere, and i immediately knew there was something about it.

the tag on it said '72 marshall 4x10 100W combo, it has plexi style controls on the top like a vox and was pretty aged over the years. i cant find ANYTHING on it and its killing me, i didnt get to look at the back of it or anything since it was with a bunch of other amps and weighed a ton. it was not a bluesbreaker either, it had definite plexi details

it basically just looked like a plexi superlead combo, im pretty sure those dont exist but i dont know. it was around $2500 USD so it was probably no ceriatone crap or anything. i really need your help guys, the amps no longer there and i want to know more about it.

sounded MAGICAL, no master volume so i had the room rocking, everyone in the place heard me loud and clear, just a amazing amp and i gotta know more, your help would be appreciated, cheers.
This is all i could find on the first page of google.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-central-station/607-1979-marshall-4x10-combo.html
One of the links said that there was a brief 4x10 jcm 800 combo or somethiing to that sort.
but jcm 800's werent around in 72.

In other news, theres a line 6 spider 3 ad at the top of my page!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Apr 13, 2008,
ahh i saw that too, i might have to contact gc and see if they have records of it. it just blew me away i dont know why.
Quote by jcopello
a few weeks back, i played a random marshall i saw somewhere, and i immediately knew there was something about it.

the tag on it said '72 marshall 4x10 100W combo, it has plexi style controls on the top like a vox and was pretty aged over the years. i cant find ANYTHING on it and its killing me, i didnt get to look at the back of it or anything since it was with a bunch of other amps and weighed a ton. it was not a bluesbreaker either, it had definite plexi details

it basically just looked like a plexi superlead combo, im pretty sure those dont exist but i dont know. it was around $2500 USD so it was probably no ceriatone crap or anything. i really need your help guys, the amps no longer there and i want to know more about it.

sounded MAGICAL, no master volume so i had the room rocking, everyone in the place heard me loud and clear, just a amazing amp and i gotta know more, your help would be appreciated, cheers.

I've seen something similat, I'm sure it's a solid state job.

[EDIT] scratch that...JMP50 Plexi tremolo?
http://www.ampaholics.org.uk/marshall_plexi_jmp50_bluesbreake.htm
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 14, 2008,
wow i think that jmp 50 tremolo is it, i thought it was 100W but i could have been wrong. cheers man, ever heard it or anything?
Quote by jcopello
wow i think that jmp 50 tremolo is it, i thought it was 100W but i could have been wrong. cheers man, ever heard it or anything?

Not until you posted and I did some digging
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Keep in mind that Marshall did do some one-off's for a few people and there's really not a lot of documentation on any of them. There's a collector about a half hour from me who has a couple of unusual combos and a 4x15 cab.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Keep in mind that Marshall did do some one-off's for a few people and there's really not a lot of documentation on any of them. There's a collector about a half hour from me who has a couple of unusual combos and a 4x15 cab.

i didnt know that, i thought their stuff was more simple production based with X amount of this amp and so on. it just might have been a amp like that, ive never seen many 4x10 marshall combos period. wish i had the 2K to buy it on the spot.