im doing a project on christianty in rome and I have one sorce that says christianity started when jesus was born, and onther that says it started when he died.. which one is it!?!?!
i would say it developed during his lifetime as people started to follow and learn from him
it started when he was born because it was prophicied a long time before hand
Quote by jeff541
Died

What about the disicples following him, believing he was the Messiah. What was that?
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
What about the disicples following him, believing he was the Messiah. What was that?

i have no idea really im just ****in with him
It started DURING his life, when he had disciples
SHEEEEEIT DAWG GET DA HELL OUT MY SIG!

Quote by brandon369852
"I think my friend might kill herself."
"Dude, I think you should call the cops."
"I have a better idea. I'll ask the Pit."
No. Christianity was born when Jesus was risen from the dead, and when he promised to BRB.
It doesn't really matter which you say, as it developped throughout his life, though the Bible was created later, so you can look up the exact date for that if you want to use that as the official starting point.
You can't definately define when it began

Beleifs and teachings gathered while he was alive and also after the died

just say it began in the 1st century AD
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Officially began? As in developed an 'official canon'? Carthage. Cant remember the year.
No, his followers during his life wanted to create a new sect of judaism, because they thought he was the messiah. but it wasnt till he died and peter began to spread the word of christ that it became widespread and not a sect of judaism.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Christianity is the belief that Jesus is the Savior for all mankind and that The Old Testament and Jewish beliefs were right until Jesus came along. So Judaism is older than Christianity, but then again they still don't have a savior. So simply it was when Jesus started His 'career' you could call it.
I got some good guitars, yo.
When he died.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
it didnt really start as an independent religion until after he died.

during his life he was a Jew. he didnt start christianity. his followers did after he died.
i hate these 'homework help' threads. they waste time and space for something no one cares about
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I would have any sort of sex with any sort of animal.