Hey guys, looking to upgrade my LP, wanted to put some hotter dimarzio's or seymour duncans in, i play punk to hard rock with some ska influences, i have the stock epiphone humbuckers in, but am looking for hot something with a bit of a hotter tone. i would like something more versitle then, suited for artists like slash, or yngwie.
thanks!
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
get anything other than the epiphones, they're sooo bad
2005 MIA Fender Telecaster
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Sagrado Poblano Boost
50W Kustom Defender
Sounds like the job for a Seymour Duncan JB/59 set!

/generic yet great suggestion
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Seymore Duncan alnico II... or antiquity
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Quote by Professor Fate
Hey guys, looking to upgrade my LP, wanted to put some hotter dimarzio's or seymour duncans in, i play punk to hard rock with some ska influences, i have the stock epiphone humbuckers in, but am looking for hot something with a bit of a hotter tone. i would like something more versitle then, suited for artists like slash, or yngwie.
thanks!

You will never get Yngwie tone out of an LP; everything about that guitar is the antithesis of Yngwie's basic sound.

Try looking into some bare knuckle pickups; they're damn good and if you head over to the bare knuckle forum they'll help as much as they can, even the owner (Tim) hangs out on the forums and helps people with their choices.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Professor Fate
thanks!

You're asking for two completely different tones at the end there, which isn't going to happen. however, as far as the key requirements go Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge, and probably a Pearly Gates in the neck....bit more top end seeing as you play ska.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com