Yo, is it safe to buy a guitar online? I've heard of places like Musiciansfriend and ZZounds etc. Are they alright?
Either Guitar Center or Musicians Friend.

but be sure you play it somewhere before you buy it.
Signature temporarily empty
Keep this in mind. Musician's friend IS Guitar Center. There is one big difference (for TN anyway). Since Guitar Center has actual stores in TN, They charge me TN sales tax but if I order with Musicians friend, they don't. Hey, that can be a couple hundred bucks man, do your homework. If you go through the order process, you will see if your being charged tax before you complete the deal.
Hmm.... So since I live in Canada, will shipping, taxes etc. be included already?
Play the guitar first. Otherwise, you'll miss out on subtleties...you may even like a guitar you weren't considering before (like me and ESPs...I thought I was going to be an Ibanez fanboy). The only exception may be Carvin.

And Musiciansfiend is ok...they shipped my guitar in good order, but they took forever. I prefer americanmusical and sweetwater, and have heard great things about zzounds.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by aaronjk0406
wait hold the phone....MF is GC ....huh

Yes, they are one and the same company.
Music 123 is also very good.
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
Quote by The Jomo
Yes, they are one and the same company.

Musicians Friend stocks GC.
Another great site is www.americanmusical.com

Its cool, because not only are they a great site, but they have a easy payment plans, so a 400 dollar guitar will be like 3 payments of 133.33 with a tad bit of tax
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club
i bought mine from amazon... lol the shipping was half the price of GC so i was happy. and the guitar came in perfect condition
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
bought 2 guitars and 1 amp from musicians friend and my grandpa has bought countless items from there. never any problems i recommend them as an online retailer.
Last edited by gnrliesmanlies at Apr 13, 2008,
Ya, make sure you check if you get taxed. I live in NJ, which is were GC is located, so I buy off of MF
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Quote by Shortay
Does ZZounds ship to Canada?

Sorry, they don't.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Gmp211
Ya, make sure you check if you get taxed. I live in NJ, which is were GC is located, so I buy off of MF

See, told ya.
Quote by The Jomo
See, told ya.

It all depends on were their shipping spots are, I know they have about 5 major ones, and if thats in your state, you get taxed.

Anyhow, when you do buy your guitar, make sure of some sort of warranty so IN CASE of a damaged guitar, so either the store or shipping company will pick up the charges.
PM me to join
Quote by Shortay
Aight, MusiciansFriend it is then.

Good choice.

It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I <3 ZZounds.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
i live in canada as well, and WOW is it disappointing when something you need doesn't have our little flag on the bottom.
I'm sure GC ships to Canada.

If not just type in "Canadian Guitar Retailer" in google.
PM me to join
Quote by Gmp211
It all depends on were their shipping spots are, I know they have about 5 major ones, and if thats in your state, you get taxed.

Anyhow, when you do buy your guitar, make sure of some sort of warranty so IN CASE of a damaged guitar, so either the store or shipping company will pick up the charges.

That's why I posted this first. So he knows how to find out.

"Keep this in mind. Musician's friend IS Guitar Center. There is one big difference (for TN anyway). Since Guitar Center has actual stores in TN, They charge me TN sales tax but if I order with Musicians friend, they don't. Hey, that can be a couple hundred bucks man, do your homework. If you go through the order process, you will see if your being charged tax before you complete the deal."
Quote by third-eye
i live in canada as well, and WOW is it disappointing when something you need doesn't have our little flag on the bottom.

I feel your pain
I bought my ESP V-200 on musiciansfriend.com and it is perfect nothing's wrong with it it came in good quality and i love it
Ya, I said it...

I'm a beast... you can't deny it.