HE wants to get either the
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=941
or
http://www.digitech.com/products/gnx4.htm

The boss one is about 450 and the Digi one is 500 (canadian)

However i am a bass player and i know i know NOTHING about guitar but from my experiences with my Bass PODXTLIVE i am trying to convince him to spend a few more dollars and get the Line6 Pod XT LIVE

http://line6.com/podxtlive/
what do you guys think?

THanks
Thats a multi effects unit, not a pedalboard. But I know what you mean.

I've always had the understanding of mutli effects being "Digital" and cheap sounding but I think hes up in the higher end of them and I've heard they can be nice.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the products sorry.. lol.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Don't cheap out on digital effects, or the sound will sound digital. Which we all know is bad.

Also, the pro of the multi-effects board is also the con: everything is incorporated. While it's nice to have it all-in-one, if it craps out, you lose it all, too.
woah. be careful in that category. It is way too easy to toss a half grand out of the window only to realize a weak later that he doesnt like what he bought. If you can, talk him into buying different effects and linking them(a real pedal board). This will give you a better sound. And for the love of god, if he is playing a SS amp, do not let him get any of those.
Last edited by Lamrick21 at Apr 13, 2008,
if he is playing a DIGITAL OR ANY OTHER ****ING BAD MOEDELING SS amp, do not let him get any of those.

Fixed because the OP didnt really know what he was talking about SS amps
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
Fixed because the OP didnt really know what he was talking about SS amps

...righteous edit.
tell your friend to keep saving up and actually buy a pedal board and buy individual pedals. if he says no, i'd get that gt10, the gt8 is the only good multi effects unit ive played, the gt10 is probably just as good.... but better.
definitly not the digitech
and he'll want to throw that pod out the window in a month if he buys it
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
tell your friend to keep saving up and actually buy a pedal board and buy individual pedals. if he says no, i'd get that gt10, the gt8 is the only good multi effects unit ive played, the gt10 is probably just as good.... but better.
definitly not the digitech
and he'll want to throw that pod out the window in a month if he buys it

Imo the pod is pretty decent just need some tweeking.

Wait 3 month and the price of the gt-8 gonna get cheaper.

Gt=10 = gt-8 whit usb and loop box
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Those sound fine, sure not as good as a bunch of nice singles but alot easier to move around and record with and all in one price. If thats what hes looking for then there perfect. I personally would go with the boss but the new pods are also very nice.
also did he even check Zoom...they have some killer multi-unit effects pedals. i own a basic g2.1u and use it in sync with single pedals.
Quote by Hcmanu

Gt=10 = gt-8 whit usb and loop box

hmmmm really..... and i was so excited for guitar center to put it on display so i could try it haha
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I'm selling a Gt-8 for $320 US if your friend is interested in buying used.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Maybe he should consider the Vox Tonelab as well? The Valvetronix amps sound really good, and I think it's the same technology at work. Might be worth looking into.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I've tried out the GT-8 and I loved it. I personally didn't think it sounded "digital", it sounded no different than the individual pedals.

And the GT-10 is in stores for $500, the GT-8 is in stores for $450, but yeah, if you get it elsewhere, it is cheaper.