After talking to my grandma the other night about her son who is in the Air Force, I'm very interested. He's in communications and I think it would be something I would be interested in.

She was telling me how great he is doing. He owns his house, he's seeing the world, and he has been offered some job for AT&T and is paying like $500,000 a year or something. The force payed for his college education and lots of other family things. I think because of some of the stuff he's doing for them they are paying for life insurance and things...

Anyone here been in the force? Or wanting to go into it?
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Apr 13, 2008,
My boyfriend's in the Air Force. He's going to be a computer programmer. He says that he can get his degree there for free, they give him money to send someone in his family to go to school. A lot of good things about it. Except getting sent overseas, i think.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
The pay for the Air Force is the same as any other branch of the U.S. Armed Forces. Very meager. I'd say try to become an officer, more money than standard enlistment.

You also need to be quite smart and score pretty damn high on the ASVAB. The Air Force just doesn't take anyone these days.
Find a recruiter and talk to him about it and get some information and read up.
I've been contemplating it, but I'm not sure I want to spend 5 years of my life after college in the army. I don't know
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
I've been contemplating it, but I'm not sure I want to spend 5 years of my life after college in the army. I don't know

Your sig should say 'Feel free to correct my grammar!"

Well, I think it would be pretty cool to join the Air Force. I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as being part of the infantry or something (Or anywhere else in the military where you could get fucking destroyed).
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

What I'm going to do is go to college than try to enlist as an officer. But things can change in a matter of 5-6 years.
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys

Then do Marines , Yeah im in ROTC right now and i can get a scholarship to go to college and stuff and be an officer and get paid good. Thats the only way i can pay for college.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
I'm waiting to enlist. I'm going to be a loadmaster on a C-130 or a crew member on Gunship.

Alot of benefits go along with enlistment.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox