hey UG i was wondering how long it normally takes to develop a good clean sweep

ive been trying it out and i can get it pretty good just needs to be a little cleaner

are there any exercises that any of you would recommend?
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
it all depends on how good you are at guitar lol. it's hard to say, for each person it's a lot different. some people pick it up a lot faster than others, but that's with everything. i'd recomend slowing it down and just playing scales and such. take it very slow at first, then just gradually try going faster.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
just keep practicing, i really like to sweep pick, do it clean so yuo can tell if you're hitting the right notes or not. just make something up probably combining sweep and double stroked picking to practice going in and out of sweeping
Slow and steady wins the race.

Those who practice arpeggios at slower speeds and work on accuracy and clarity will almost always have way way way better sounding sweeps in the end compared to those who crank up the metronome and tense up just to get a few more bpms in.

Patience is the key.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
I'm practicing by going through the major and minor arpeggios, and going from C on the way up to B on the way down. Its a good way to practice sweeping and also moving up and down the fretboard.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
practice, and keep your picking hand close to to strings, that way the strings are automatically muted from your palm.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
i have just started learning sweeping and in fact its not clean at all lol... but its a start... what i found that really got me started on them is practicing each hand seperate( get the good fingering and then get the right speed for your hand to sweep) after a while combine them. thats how i got my sweeping to actually sound like it lol
it took me like half a year to finally get it
im told i do it cleanly, so yea i guess i do
i really only know minor arpeggios for sweeping since its all i need to use for my genre
but just practice with a metronome and practice A LOOOOOT
hope i helped
goodbye
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal