I'm trying to learn to use the wah pedal and a book i'm using instructs to flutter the wah pedal. what does this mean? how is different from just moving the wah pedal to the beat which is what i normally do?
I guess it means to rock the pedal back and forth real fast?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Moving the wah to the beat is an effective and cool sounding technique, but moving the wah so it frames the melody of whatever you're playing can give it a really expressive, almost vocal tone. The fluttering motion that the book is talking about probably refers to rocking the pedal back and forth rapidly so it kind of sounds like a fast flanger.
Quote by HorkHorkOyOy
Moving the wah to the beat is an effective and cool sounding technique, but moving the wah so it frames the melody of whatever you're playing can give it a really expressive, almost vocal tone. The fluttering motion that the book is talking about probably refers to rocking the pedal back and forth rapidly so it kind of sounds like a fast flanger.

very interesting. any advice on using the wah to make that vocal tone?
one strategy for getting an interesting tone is to not rock the wah with the beat. though rocking the wah with the beat sounds pretty cool, if you keep the wah rhythm changing up, in accordance with certain tones you want to emphasize or deemphasize, you can get some unexpected and intriguing tones.
For the vocal tone :
Go from pedal up to down when your doing a bend, sounds cool.
then be subtle with it the rest of hte time, no kirk hammetting.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!