Poll: Which one is more important to you?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one is more important to you?
Head
26 87%
Cabinet
0 0%
They are the same
4 13%
Voters: 30.
which one is more important too you???

head

cabinet

or both?
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
Head...but your speakers help voice your tone too...just not as much.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
it depends how far you'll take it. running a $3000 head through a $400 behringer cab is way more unacceptable than running the same head through a $400 avatar cab.

as you can see, the avatar cab's build quality and speakers are way better than a terrible budget cab.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Importance as in a GOOD head or cab, must be a good head, because the speaker is not going to give you cleans, distortion, eq, reverb, although it helps you bring up all these things clearer and sound of "quality".

And on the other hand, having a bad/cheap head with a great cab wont make any sense since great % of the sound is produced in the head.
head is obviously the source of the tone, however the cab is very important as well. A crappy cab can make a great head sound like ass. A great cab won't help a crappy head though, it can only work with what the head is producing.

Quote by aetherspear
Head is more important, but combos are the way to go.

meh, depends what you are playing, and your preference for tone. I like combos for the more open and looser sound with stuff like blues and cleans. I greatly prefer a closed back 4x12 for modern hard rock and metal tones however.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids