alright so ive got a german project about what i want in my dream house. Most of the words i can get of some online translator but a few are sorta tricky. What's german for mixing board, keyboard (electric piano), lounge (noun), library ( this one i can find but i dunno if it means place to check out books, or rooms with lots of books), speaker( talker or thing sound comes out of), and shelves of books (comes back as board of books?). Much thanks
I think library is bibliotech
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....

Sorry, I had to. That picture makes me laugh so hard.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
for the keyboard you could probably just use klavier for piano.
shelves of books might be buchershrank (not entirely sure of the spelling either)
Quote by fizzzzzzzzzzzy
alright so ive got a german project about what i want in my dream house. Most of the words i can get of some online translator but a few are sorta tricky. What's german for mixing board, keyboard (electric piano), lounge (noun), library ( this one i can find but i dunno if it means place to check out books, or rooms with lots of books), speaker( talker or thing sound comes out of), and shelves of books (comes back as board of books?). Much thanks

Mixing Board - Not sure what that is.
Keyboard - das Keyboard, der Synthesizer
Lounge (as in living room, right?) - das Wohnzimmer
Library - das Bibliothek
Speaker - der Lautsprecher
Shelves - boards of books is correct.
Hey there, hope it's not to late for an answer..

but the germans also say keyboard and lounge (but you can - like said before - translate it with Klavier and Wohnzimmer, too)
mixing board - mischpult (when you meant the thing DJ's use..)
library- Die Bibliothek (not 'das')
talker (when you mean a person that speaks) is 'ein Sprecher' or if you mean boxes where sounds come out it'll be "Lautsprecher"
shelves of books - bücherregal
Quote by liz1988

but the germans also say keyboard and lounge (but you can - like said before - translate it with Klavier and Wohnzimmer, too)
talker (when you mean a person that speaks) is 'ein Sprecher' or if you mean boxes where sounds come out it'll be "Lautsprecher"

+1 believe this guy, he's right.

I'm German.
Lieben sie peep saft?

OH JA!
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Quote by liz1988

You know your german, my friend. But Klavier is wrong. Klavier means piano, not keyboard.
A great online free german-english dictionnary is www.dict.cc.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by TheQuailman

You know your german, my friend. But Klavier is wrong. Klavier means piano, not keyboard.

ah yes, but for electric piano, use Elektrisches Klavier. a keyboard means, like, a synthesizer keyboard. i think the TS means a REAL electric piano.
Quote by CoreysMonster
ah yes, but for electric piano, use Elektrisches Klavier. a keyboard means, like, a synthesizer keyboard. i think the TS means a REAL electric piano.

I didn't think about that, you're right. Though I wouldn't use 'elektrisches Klavier', it is not necessarily wrong, but sounds strange (at least in my ears, and I'm german , too). I'd rather just say 'e-piano'.
Quote by TheQuailman

a actually don't think the teacher will recodgnize the difference
if you really wanna say keyboard you just have to say it. because therefore is simply no other word a german would use in real life, i think..
Quote by TheQuailman
I didn't think about that, you're right. Though I wouldn't use 'elektrisches Klavier', it is not necessarily wrong, but sounds strange (at least in my ears, and I'm german , too). I'd rather just say 'e-piano'.

what part are you from? my friend who studies piano always says elektr. klavier so i guess that's why i do, but you're right as well, e-piano ist best.

*highfives quailman for being german*
Quote by CoreysMonster
what part are you from? my friend who studies piano always says elektr. klavier so i guess that's why i do, but you're right as well, e-piano ist best.

*highfives quailman for being german*

*high five*
I'm from Nordrhein Westfalen. I think you said that you're from the north once, didn't you?
Quote by TheQuailman
*high five*
I'm from Nordrhein Westfalen. I think you said that you're from the north once, didn't you?

*low five* from me. I live in Germany but I'm not German!
Still love it here tho
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
dude, like an awesome site for german is:

leo

remember to click "english version" [top left] so it makes sense, until of course you are too pro
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by Ventor
*low five* from me. I live in Germany but I'm not German!
Still love it here tho

Technically, I'm not german either, but polish, but I spent the last 19 years in Germany and legally I am 100% german.
I still have a strong polish background though (parents and whatnot), so I still tend to see things from a pole's point of view. It's somewhat strange to get used to germans eating Wiener Würstchen and Kartoffelsalat on Christmas or drinking beer in front of a church right after some wedding. Yeah, I saw them do it. They came out of the church, pulled out some beer crates out of nowhere and started drinking.
Not that I'm religious, but it just seems........bah.

You're right though, life is pretty sweet here.
Quote by liz1988

Really?