I like Sublime, RHCP, Pepper, and that stuff, so I want average to good cleans. For distortion I don't mind not having the "pure vintage voice", some modern voicing is fine, but also a decent amount of a gain.
go for the JCM800
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Eastwood Ultra GP
beat up 1960's Gibson LGO acoustic
go for the JCM800 2205 or 2210 series though. They have two channels and will deliver a better clean sound.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Btw u quoted me lol....
Seriously, its better than those cheap peaveys, the B-52's, valve juniors, all that stuff, no joke. People don't try the Zoom and say it sucks.
I used a zoom about 10 years ago with an old Marshall Valvestate, it had some nice delays and chorus, but the Distortions were absolute garbage (totally unusable).

I haven't used zoom since, how are they now?
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Well it has 2 tubes, I had the 505 and the distortions are NOTHING like the 7.1 or 9.2. Every effect is very good except wah, which is kind of weak. 3-D expression pedal, makes some crazy ass sounds. I ran the 9.2 into my friends B-52 half stack (Don't know model, but its 100W tube). My distortions sounded so much better.
Brad Nowell also used a Roland Jazz Chorus.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
cleans - 900>800
ballzy gain - 800>900

as said above, the 900 is way more modern. Doesnt sound bad though
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Yeah I'm almost tempted to get an amp for cleans (Roland JC or Fender) and just use zoom for distortions