Anyone hear of this?

Heres the story: Me and a couple friends went back into these trails, which are located in this wooded area. So as we were all hanging out, smoking a doober (of course), my one friend says something about an AWOL soldier living back there and that there was this notepad he wrote messages in. So it took us about 5 mins to find it again. It was a box wrapped with camp tape with a ziplock bag, a notepad, a pencil, and a small gem inside. I read the words "handymanxx" on the first page along with a date. So later, I look on google for the username and find: http://www.geocaching.com. Apparently people hide 'caches' all over the place, you find them, log them, and keep doing that. Some people leave money in there, and your supposed to leave something else in return. Kind of like Boo Radley. Remember To Kill A Mockingbird?

So, who else participates in this? I logged that as my first find. Their all over the place, you probably walk by one everyday.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Yea I'm in on it. It's really fun. Have you found any others besides that one?

Quote by Shiptoni
Yeah I've done it before. One time i found a box of prizes with a $20 in it.

I hope you left something if you took that the idea isn't to just say "hey! money!" then take it and run. you have to leave something of equal worth in it's place
Last edited by samick007 at Apr 13, 2008,
Yeah man geocaching is a good time. Ive found some pretty sweet stuff.
read job
Yeah, I've done it a couple times. It's fun, just don't expect to generally find good stuff. Cause you won't. Throughout all the times I've done it, I think the best thing I've ever found was an army man. It's more about the finding it. I recommend the ones that have a few steps, their usually a whole lot more fun. If you go to a state park or something, make sure to look on geocaching, there are tons of em.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
TS...why the hell would you remember something like that from such a boring book? you're all right about geocaching though. it's a blast.
Quote by ortrigger
TS...why the hell would you remember something like that from such a boring book? you're all right about geocaching though. it's a blast.

Because I enjoyed the book, a lot? Plus, it was the focus of the book.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Last edited by Ehh at Apr 13, 2008,
how would I find my home coordinates?

edit: im trying to sign up in the website
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M