Now I'm not emo, or goth, or any stereotype but I get my band tee's at hottopic and they usually charge $18-22. I was wondering, if I bought say, just a white, or any color Hanes heavyweight t shirt could I get some of that iron on paper and print like photoshop graphics onto the shirts?

A plain shirt would cost maybe $5, the paper, like $1 each perhaps? My mad photoshop skills, priceless. But has anyone done this and did they turn out like a quality shirt you'd buy anywhere else?

They would cost like $8 to make saving like $12 from going to the stores :O!

Thoughts?!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I'd never try it. My art skills are terrible. If you could make it work though you should go for it.
Why? I could make any band tee as cool as I wanted .

Edit; I don't think they would make iron on clothing paper if it came out in the wash lol.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Iron ons don't look good with dark colored shirts, and the logo/writing would be reversed. So you'd have to write it backwards to begin with.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Do it. If you buy your band shirts at Hot Topic, they don't count. Seriously. Last time my cousin dragged me in there I saw some Rage Against The Machine shirts. I wanted to vomit on something and then set fire to it right there among the goth pants.
kill all humans
well since its so cheap to do it just try it out and see how it looks and stuff. if it sucks then stick with hot topic
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE

So i just did that in like 2 minutes with no effort, it's my band so thats why i don't have any pics just a design. I would do stuff like that.. ?

edit; tis a transparent backround so it takes the color of whatever it's on, i'm running the gray boards so it's really dark and you can barely see it, but if you're running white idk how it looks.

re did it.

smaller so i don't rape any 56kers.

Last edited by tr3nt at Apr 13, 2008,

Umm.. I hate death metal, but it's UG! Enjoy.. :S?

I guess I'll just try it..

Quote by Deadmen
that looks more like an hardcore or emo band logo

Whatever I don't listen to that stuff, I want to try this! URGG

Quote by tr3nt
Why? I could make any band tee as cool as I wanted .

Edit; I don't think they would make iron on clothing paper if it came out in the wash lol.

It fades really fast.
Quote by Colgate Total
Hello lawsuit....

Just buy the shirts, you cheap bastard.

It's not like I'm selling them.. And wtf, If I made 5 shirts opposed to buying them, I could have bought a new pedal.. Are you rich? :S

Quote by tr3nt
It's not like I'm selling them.. And wtf, If I made 5 shirts opposed to buying them, I could have bought a new pedal.. Are you rich? :S

Shirts are $20, if I was homeless I could still afford that.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
The only "homemade" shirts that stand up to being washed more than 5 times are those made with one of those screenprinting irons. If you really wanted to design your own shirts, just bring the graphic you made on a flash drive or something into a screenprinting shop and have them put it on a shirt for you. Probably cost 15 bucks tops.
Welcome to You're "Doom"!
Quote by Colgate Total

I don't have a job, I'm young .

All my income is eBaying useless items around my house, and selling online gaming accounts.

I've made a couple of my own. What I usually do is:

1. buy a blank t-shirt from wal-mart or where ever
2. Use oil based acrylic paint
3. Either print off a design and stencil it out onto said shirt, or just paint my own thing.

It will fade a little bit, but I still wear the first one I made which is probably over a year old. Most stores don't have shirts of bands I like, so this is how I make do(due?)
I think it would be a better idea to send your design to a professional custom shirt design shop. no, you wouldn't be saving money. you'd actually be spending more, but it looks like you want shirts for your own band rather than other bands. best make it look good.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Don't listen to these people who have never done it. If follow the directions on the T-shirt iron paper it will work well. I have some of that paper lying around. If you want to put it on black shirts and stuff, get the iron paper that says 'for darker colors'.
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
Thats cool bra, but you couldn't get as precise or pictures .

i wouldn't do it at hottopic anyways. There has to be a local t-shirt place that will do it for cheaper. When I was in high school, we always used to get t-shirts for all the groups I was in made up for cheaper than that. Shop around.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by tr3nt
Now I'm not emo, or goth, or any stereotype but I get my band tee's at hottopic and they usually charge $18-22. I was wondering, if I bought say, just a white, or any color Hanes heavyweight t shirt could I get some of that iron on paper and print like photoshop graphics onto the shirts?

A plain shirt would cost maybe $5, the paper, like $1 each perhaps? My mad photoshop skills, priceless. But has anyone done this and did they turn out like a quality shirt you'd buy anywhere else?

They would cost like $8 to make saving like $12 from going to the stores :O!

Thoughts?!
It works pretty well. Just make sure you iron it really well. Don't let the first few tries discourage you. It takes a bit of practice. And make sure you wash it correctly.

Edit: Or shell out $80-$100 to take a screen printing class, and you'll get all the materials you need to do it, and the quality is way nicer. It is a good investment if you plan on making a lot of shirts.
Quote by Colgate Total

No, you couldn't.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by Colgate Total

Thats like smething Paris Hilton would say.

How out of touch are you with reality?!
I've been here since '04.

Dude, just do it. My friend "started" his own skate shirts for him and his friend and theyre kick ass. They just use the special paper from ralphs or whatever. White is your best choice.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Do it. If you buy your band shirts at Hot Topic, they don't count. Seriously. Last time my cousin dragged me in there I saw some Rage Against The Machine shirts. I wanted to vomit on something and then set fire to it right there among the goth pants.

yea i would vomit if i saw a rage against the machines Tee.
There used to be a pretty big DIY thread. It had quite a few informative posts.

1) Buy shirt
2) Make stencil
3) Cut stencil out on freezer paper
4) Iron freezer paper onto shirt
5) Paint over with acrylic paint
6) Peel off freezer paper when dry

The stencil gives the shirt a sort of artistic feel to it. It's lots of fun, and at the end of the day you created something you can show off to the world. It's marvelous.
Quote by NFFC_1865
Thats like smething Paris Hilton would say.

How out of touch are you with reality?!

I want to sig that
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
Quote by A Scenic World
The only "homemade" shirts that stand up to being washed more than 5 times are those made with one of those screenprinting irons. If you really wanted to design your own shirts, just bring the graphic you made on a flash drive or something into a screenprinting shop and have them put it on a shirt for you. Probably cost 15 bucks tops.

or buy a screen printing kit which includes a substance you mix with acrylics to get it to stay. i made a batch for a mainland band to be sold at gigs and shops by hand and neither mine or anyone elses has started to fade.