this may seem like a noob question but bear with me.

does one case fit all guitars? i realize there are some made for obscure shapes and sizes but for your normal guitar is it all the same?
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Not really. I mean if you get a universal case then yeah, but if you get one made for LPs, a V isn't going to fit.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
well, are you talking about a gig back (floppy, usually black thin material) or a hardshell case(boxy looking case with buckles around the perimiter)? Most gig bags fit all strat/les paul sized guitars because of their uniform size. I doubt it would fit a semi-hollow ES-335 shaped guitar.

As for hardshells, most of them are fit specificaly to different body shapes. As in, all strats fit in a strat hardshell, all les pauls fit in a les paul hard shell, etc (correct me if im wrong?). Hope that helps.
The universal case will fit flat guitars like a strat or similar shape but thats about it. They dont usually fit a guitar with an angled headstock to well.
my strat case doesnt even fit my strat from parts (part-o-caster) all that well. so no, most cases cant handle a variety of guitars. the only exception is the style of case that has the big rectangular space for the body. those cases will fit a few different styles, like any strat or tele, and knockoffs. but its not gonna fit a LP style guitar or anything like that with an angled neck.

so basicly, its best just to take your guitar to the shop and find a case that fits. then get that case, or one with the same dimensions.
ok thanks guys, thats what i wanted to know.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?