I recently got a hair cut that calls for me to straighten it. and im pretty new to it so does anyone else do it and how do you go about doing it?
I straighten mine sometimes, but I have long hair anyways, my hair is naturally curly and its easier to maintain when its straight. I use a straightener. I dont use chemicals.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Buy a hair straightener and read the instructions?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I use a Flatiron.

Don't cheap out on it either, get a decent one with ceramic plates or its not even worth it.

And remember, don't rush straightening your hair, otherwise it will turn out looking like shit.
Take your hair by sections, and just clamp down really hard...be sure to read the instructions for what temperature to use...more curly=hotter temp.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Please dont straighten it unless you're absolutely sure you need to. Guy that straighten their short hair bothers me a bit.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

If you get a really hot set of straighteners:
a) Avoid prolonged contact, your hair will singe.
b) Be careful around your ears, it hurts getting bits of you trapped between two hot plates.

Aside from that its pretty self explanatory.
ALL THE PLAYERS ARE KEEN GRAVE MAKERS
Whats wrong with curly hair?
Quote by St.Loony
I went doctors to see if I had AIDs. Apparently all I have is this thing called hiv... So nothing to worry about
You guys have it so easy

Go little by little. The smaller pieces you straighten at a time the easier and longer it'll stay straight. Start w/ the bottom of your head and work up to the top layer on your scalp. Also, if you don't want an afro from damage, buy some heat protect spray from walmart.
Quote by Rezamm
Whats wrong with curly hair?

Exactly... I love curly hair...

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
I went through a straightening phase. You should really just leave your hair and let it be. Its part of who you are, why try to make it less so?
We're only strays.
Ehh.

If your going to straighten you hair everyday buy a "Chi" Straightner. Youll get you hair done in 10 minutes. Go buy some thermasilk heat therapy and spray it on before so you wont damage or burn your hair. Straighten in small sections at a time. If you have really long hair, get a hair tie and tie up the top and work in layers. and if you have bangs do them at the very end.
Get a straightener, but make sure it's a good one (about $100) otherwise it won't get hot enoguh, and it'll pull your hair out everytime you use it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
basically what everyone else has said: use some kind of of product to protect your hair first, such as anti-frizz serum or straightening balm, generally after you shower and your hair is damp.. then make sure the straightener is completely warm and your hair is completely dry before you begin straightening. The process itself is pretty self explanatory, just watch for your ears and try to start as close to the roots as you safely can.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

ok well i just bought a pretty decent straightener that goes up to like 400 degrees. but i dont hav any of that anti-frizz. is it and absolute must or can i do without it
Yeah, I also went through a straightning phase as well.

**** it man, just let it be.
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
ok well i just bought a pretty decent straightener that goes up to like 400 degrees. but i dont hav any of that anti-frizz. is it and absolute must or can i do without it

It's not an ABSOLUTE must but it's highly, hiiiiiighly recommended. You dont want your hair to get super damaged, especially with such high heat. The product is there to protect your hair from direct heat and supply enough nutrients to nourish your hair after the process. Even a tiny bit of gel while your hair is still wet is okay, just try to have something there between your hair and your straightener.

In all honesty though, if your hair is okay without straightening, especially as a male.. LEAVE IT THAT WAY. Curly/wavy hair is great and straightened short hair on guys can be a turn-off.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I've had it done with chemicals once. I wouldn't recommend it.

If you are straightening your hair, make sure it is...styled in some way. Don't just take your regular hair and straighten it all down in front of your eyes. A ton of kids who think they are rebelling from society or some **** do this and they look ridiculous. Try getting a job with that hair style. Ten bucks says they hire someone else.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
I had it chemically done before, was $60, but lasted for about 4-6 months so it was money well spent. It makes your hair look fake for about the first week but turns out better as time goes on. I've been way over due for another one, but what i do now is put on some straightening stuff after I dry my hair off and then use a hair dryer while flattening with my hand. Works very well and lasts the whole day. only takes me about 10 minutes to do, and considering I only have 30 min to get ready for school, i am glad i found a way.
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.