Page 1 of 4
i've always wondered why so many people dis them in forums around the net and i want answers darn it!!!

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
They can't write a decent, distinct song and they've been known to play terribly live.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
1. They're on guitar hero. Many people think this detracts from their street cred.
2. Herman Li has one of the funniest voices ever.
3. Their lyrics all have to do with battles and knights.
4. They suck live.
5. Herman Li makes idiotic noises with his guitar.

etc.
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
Cuz they suck live.

Not only that but they act like they're ****ing gods and "the best band in the world".
Complete ****ing bull****.
because they can't play all that well and use a lot of studio tricks to make themselves sound impressive on records. (Avenged Sevenfold is another band that's notorious for this)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

And this effects the music how?

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

WRONG. There's lyrics about dragons too, dammit.
Because their Oh so overrated. They hit so many bum notes live and have cliche lyrics (Even for power metal...Say It aint so).
Quote by Minkaro
And this effects the music how?

It doesn't. But most people start making fun of Dragonforce after seeing the "Herman Li is cool" video, or the one where he shows how to do the pacman noises and stuff.
I personally dont care for them because Ive heard their live performances and they sound terrible. That leads me and many other to believe that they just butter it up in the studio. Also their music is unappealing to me because Im not really into video games or dungeons and dragons. To each his own, I just prefer heavier, darker music.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Well, the fact that they're live guitar playing is usually very sloppy and they are prone to mistakes. That they are EXTREMELY overrated, the fact that very says they love the band when they have only heard "Through the Fire and Flames."
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
MOST OF ALL!!!
i dislike dragonforce bcuz... everyone has a microphone stand (even if they dont sing)

and each mic has a beverage holder....

(i was a little sarcastic about all of them.. haha but whatever)
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
People think they're amazing because they're difficult on Guitar Hero despite that in all reality it's not that hard. Also because dispite everyone thinking they're so amazing it's been proven live that they can't play they're own songs. And finally, when it comes to song writing... oh dear god...

Basically they're legends to people that don't play guitar, and while people like Vai and Malmsteen exist, it's pretty obnoxious.

EDIT: Also, Herman Li is too egotistical for his own good.
They're not horrible. but they deff. have issues live and to be honest all of their song sound the same. they aim to be the fastest.
1. They're all morons
2. hey can't play irl, only with ****ty sped up computer effects.
3. They tricked too many people into thinking they actually CAN play
4. They suck so much ass live
5. They have a terrible image
6. have you seen the "Betcha Can't Play This"?!?!?! ITS HURRENDOUS
7. Dumb songs.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
-They can't play for **** live.
-All their songs sound exactly the same.
-All of their songs are about D&D.
-All of their songs also include the words 'dark' 'light' 'day' and the phrase 'so far away'.
-They act like they're the best band ever, especially the singer, who is a complete prick.
And I quote from a live performance, just before they were about to play 'Through the Fire and Flames': "YOU BETTER KNOW ****ING THIS SONG! YOU BETTER KNOW IT!!! **** YEAH!!!"
-Herman Ri will **** on your head.
a lot of bands suck major ballios live and dio wrote fantasy lyrics back in the day, besides a good number of guitarists are complete ****s anyway (myself included) but whats the real reason?

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
1. They're on guitar hero. Many people think this detracts from their street cred.
4. They suck live.
5. Herman Li makes idiotic noises with his guitar.

etc.

1. In that case, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Ozzy Ozbourne, Black Sabbath and every band with a song in guitar hero suck.
2. I don't think Herman Li sings very much.
3. Yea... kinda...
4. Meh...
5. Almost every modern metal band does that.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
when i first saw the through fire and flames music vid on youtube i was really impressed, but i found a video of them playing the same song live and they just sucked
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If you ask any real metal fan if he likes DragonForce, the usual answer you'll get is "BLAFARAGH?" This is because DragonForce fans, much like elves, magic, and marital rape, don't exist. Okay, so the band does have some fans; but, as previously stated, they are assholes. Most people who listen to DragonForce only listen to Through the Fire and Flames.

Dragonforce's songs are known for being fast, repetitive and sung in ALL CAPS. Once you have heard one of DragonForce's songs, you have heard EVERY DragonForce song. Every song will contain at least one or more (usually more) of the following:

* Battles
* Fighting
* Warriors
* Shining
* Swords
* Starlight
* Shadows/Darkness
* Kingdoms
* Faggery Daggery Doo
* Fires
* Standing Together
* Dragons
* Victory
* Distance
* Waiting For The Day
* Forces
* More Battles
* Cursing
* Burning
* Far Away
* Reaching
* Falling
* Mudkipz
* Rising
* Dreams
* Nightmares
* Heavens
* Eternity/Eternal things
* Running
* Souls
* Anal Seepage
* Fate
* Carrying On
* Flight/Flying
* Sky
* Vagina-Pudding
* Persuasion of buttsex
* Running free.
Quote by SynisterSlash92
they aim to be the fastest.

This reminded me of a commercial for their album on Headbanger's Ball.. it mentioned something along the lines of:

"If Journey played four times faster, they'd sound like this!"

Needless to say, I lol'ed.
The lyrics are terrible and everything sounds the same
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
so everyone agrees that dragon force sucks hahaha this made my day
my gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Line 6 spider 2: 212 combo 120 watt =\
Line 6 guitar port
EVH frankenstein painted Explorer
Mostly cause they're overrated IMHO. Though I could care less about Dragon Force, if someone likes them fine, it's not like any of us have to like them or listen to them. So plain and simply put I ignore them....
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Dragonforce is a really fun and rediculous band. they are fun to listen to. The only problem i have with them is that some people think Herman Li is the best gutiarist out there when he cant even play cleanly except when hes in a studio wiht 2000+ effects pedals standing between him and his amp. hell Kirk Hammett is better than Herman Li
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
the reason i dont like them is that i heard they speed up their tracks in the studio and i read an interview of theirs in guitar world...and these guys are just so cocky
My Gear
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez RG550
Fender Tele Deluxe
Mesa/Boogie Lonestar
Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808
Everyone who says they're terrible live must have seen that one download set, and automatically thought that's how all their shows are. Everyone has bad shows, and having songs that are as technical as their's don't really help/

I saw them at Ozzfest '05 (maybe '06?), and they were actually really good. I think it was when they were still not really big.

I've also heard a reason stating that Herman Li "Pushes his playing technique too much". Aren't you supposed to push yourself a lot to "master" anything?
Because people, for god knows what reason, can only take them seriously. They have some fun tunes, seriously people get the sand out of your vaginas.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by taylorfrey66
so everyone agrees that dragon force sucks hahaha this made my day

i want to make a major point....

pretty much everyone who doesnt know sh** about music, likes dragonforce

everyone who plays guitar hero, and not really guitar.. likes dragonforce

and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!!!

their microphone stands have cup holders....
(wtf mate?)
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
Quote by Minkaro
No.

I don't agree. They don't suck, it's just because it's now popular to hate them that quite a few people do.

I agree with you on this. Valley of the Damned and Sonic Firestorm were great. Inhuman Rampage was a mistake.
Through the fire flames has a nice guitar battle. That's it. I tried to get into dragonforce a while ago, so I tried around 7 or 8 of their other songs. Jesus, it was just kinda tragic.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
They can't write a decent, distinct song and they've been known to play terribly live.

Exactly.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Page 1 of 4