why is it so much cheaper compared to the other squiers? and dont turn this into another "Squier F***in sucks" thread
Low end electronics, a cheap bridge and poor setup. That's about it. IMO, you can find a good one, but it's hit and miss. Pick up swap in definitly a plus though
Yeah, as stated by imgooley, cheap and low end electronics, cheap hardware, poor setup.
If you're going to purchase one, you should buy a pre-wired pick guard off of ebay for it, as well as a new bridge and tuners.
Mass produced more then any single product should. Cheap parts, half of the ones I've played had crap setups, and just poor quality overall. It's a guitar for someone just starting out who knows nothing or a bang around guitar.
Setup is irrelevant, you can fix that yourself. But yes, electronics are about as cheap as you can get.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
low end stuff great for beginners. but as imgooley has stated you can find a good one out of the lot.

my brother was a lucky guy ended up with a great sounding stock artic white model. modded it the hell out into a even greater sounding shred guitar. you wouldn't know it was a bullet now.
You can't kill the metal
The metal will live on