Poll: Best years of your life?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best years of your life?
Childhood
28 23%
High school
31 26%
College age years
38 32%
family/settled down and working
4 3%
retirement
1 1%
death
18 15%
Voters: 120.
Page 1 of 2
What are they? Or what is your guess (if it's in the future)?

Childhood?

High School?

College?

Family?

Retirement?

Death?
Last edited by Vagabond21 at Apr 14, 2008,
Secondary School, I guess that would be highschool to you yanks lol I miss hanging out with my group of friends, we hardly see each other anymore.

Or I could be morbid and say death....
Probably 4th and 5th grade. All of my best friends were in my 4th and 5th grade classes. 3rd and 6th grade sucked a hard one.
i hope i havent had mine yet
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
college years hands down, every day of my life i wish i could live in the dorms again
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by themetalbucket
i hope i havent had mine yet

Agreed.

Always good to have something to look forward to, anyway.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Death definitely.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
So far it's been my college years. I wrote an essay once about how being 8 years old is bull**** compared to early adulthood. It was a pretty good essay. Not my best ever, but definitely top 10.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I would have to say best years of life are at Childhood

No work
easy school
get away with a lot of things
no need to earn money
fun and easy
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 14, 2008,
Heaven
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Preschool-2nd grade for me...

Being a little kid was so awesome, you could get away with anything. And Cartoon Network had a lot of kickass shows in the 90's.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Death, no more pain or worries.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by hightension01
Death?

thats kinda Redundent

The best years of your --LIFE-- have to be when your living

No ****?

I put that as an answer because I knew a lot of people would say it.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
So far for me it's probably been 7th-8th grade. I'm a senior right now and high school's had it's ups and downs, but looking at it as a whole it pretty much sucked, just really rough for me. Can't wait for college though, I've been looking forward to it big time for about three years now...
Quote by moody07747
I would have to say best years of life are at Childhood , you get away with loads of crap and its easy...

you get away with stuff, but you don't get to do ANYTHING fun. All the best things in life happen after 10pm when all the little kids are asleep.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
The age were you get fed/don't have to pay bills/have lots of free time/have no real responsibilities.
Alone in a Godless universe, and out of Shake'n'Vac
ive been thinking about this alot lately.

It had to be from about 4-11 for me. I had such a fantastic childhood that my teenage years had to suck. And they have, big time.

I mean when you were that age all you would do is goof off with friends and just be happy with no responsibilities or worries. But maybe that was just my life.

Now it seems like im always just going out and getting ****ed up with people. I dont have any friends like i did then. Middle/high school, especially high school, changes everything.

But i had a great life up until about 12 or 13....im almost 17 now
It's gotta be college. College is when you can finally start to live.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Gunpowder
Agreed.

Always good to have something to look forward to, anyway.

+1
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Childhood, I miss those years a lot and I know I can never get them back.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Probably different for everybody. It's tough for me to say as I'm just 18, I still have a bit to go. Up to this point I'd say senior year in high school was probably the best year of my life; very little obligations/responsibilities. Closest thing I've had to childhood since childhood, only I actually can appreciate being done with school at 11:30 every day and doing basically whatever the hell I want when I'm this age. Didn't really know what I had as a child.
Welcome to You're "Doom"!
Last edited by A Scenic World at Apr 14, 2008,
Probably college. Though I didn't have a problem with high school because I was dating an amazing girl, with whom I have since broken up. But she was really my only friend in high school, and now I have a lot of friends in college.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
If you're popular in high school, then high school is pretty much where life peaks. I was popular in high school, and now my life is sh1t.

Actually that's not true, I was fairly average in high school but now that I'm living on my own and in university I'm really realizing that life is HARD. Enjoy those high school years while you can, because before you know it they'll be gone and you'll have no time to relax.

Note: I started dating an amazing girl at the end of high school and we've been together for over two years now, so that aspect of my life was and still is amazing. Still, I'm overworked and poor now, so on the whole high school was still the best years of my life to date.
Quote by schecter_guy
between the ages of 2 and 4. you don't have any responsibilites and you can just hang out all day and eat cheerios.
Unfortunately, you can't do much else, either. But yeah, I'd like to have no responsibilities for a little while ...
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
How can anyone tell when they all haven't lived their entire life yet?
ಥ_ಥ
I'm shocked that there's only one vote for retirement. It's the only time where you actually get to do whatever the hell you want without wearing a diaper all the time.

Actually, nevermind.
grade 8-9 definately

those years behind me now tho >_>

hopefully collage will be better tho
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Quote by CtrlAltDel
I'm shocked that there's only one vote for retirement. It's the only time where you actually get to do whatever the hell you want without wearing a diaper all the time.

Actually, nevermind.

I see wat u did thar
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
How can anyone tell when they all haven't lived their entire life yet?

That's why I wrote "or guess what they will be".
Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

*plays riff*
Quote by Våd Hamster
Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life