Hey, could you look at your nail on your index finger of your picking hand and tell me if it is it all soft and crooked on one side (the part that faces the strings) or is it just me?

I know why it has happened but i'd like to know if anyone else has it too....
Mine do get like that if I ignore them, but I have to shape mine about 2-3 times a week. Except for the thumb, which I shape every week or two.
Quote by The Madcap
Mine do get like that if I ignore them, but I have to shape mine about 2-3 times a week. Except for the thumb, which I shape every week or two.

No it's not because of that, it's because my nail hits the strings alot when I pick so it has weakened it I guess.
Yeah, if I'm playing really hard with a tiny-ass pick, it softens my fingernail. It really starts to hurt, too =\

EDIT: wierd typos O.o
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Last edited by Firequacker at Apr 14, 2008,
no, mine's normal. But I keep my nails cut very short.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
yea, mine are messed up from fingerpicking. i just got a crack in my middle finger nail, im going to have to cut it off
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by maggot9779
No it's not because of that, it's because my nail hits the strings alot when I pick so it has weakened it I guess.
I know that. I was mainly getting at the fact that when my nails get like that, it's time to fix them.
Quote by The Madcap
I know that. I was mainly getting at the fact that when my nails get like that, it's time to fix them.

Ah ok I gotcha.

Quote by Gerald The Mous
Wait, the tip, the flat part, or both?

The flat part is slanted and that whole side is softer than the other.
Thank god for finger picking
yep i have that
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
I get that. I had noticed lately my index finger nail on my picking hand was a bit thin and curved I didn't know what it was.

Mystery solved. Thanks UG. *Big cheesy smile*

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.