When I have my guitar plugged directly into my amp there isnt too much noise, but when ever i plug my pedal board in theres a **** ton of noise.

Is my arrangement fine?

Guitar->distortion->overdrive->wah->amp

do i need a noise surpressor?
you may need to check your patch cables and each individual pedal to see what exactly is causing the problem. if you can isolate which of the cables or pedals is causing the noise, its easier to come up with a solution. if its cheap patch cables, well get better ones. like i have one patch cable that jacks the noise in my rig way up, so i dont use it. if its a pedal, you may need to check for a loose wire or something.
you put your wah last?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I would change the wah to first in the order, comes out clearer.

Other than that, it's fine. And for that many pedals, you don't nedd a noise gate. But if you can hear a largely audible noise, then get one.

I would check your connections and stuff first for the noise. What pedals are you using specifically?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
vox wah, boss super od sd1, and a dane electro fab distortion

hmm well i checked it out and i get the noise even if i plug my guitar straight to the amp...

I dont remember my amp being noisy when i first got it, i think something got screwed up when i opened it up...and by that i mean i looked inside of it and then closed it back up
Last edited by bboyjon at Apr 14, 2008,
I think it maybe your guitar then. A bad connection in the wiring or possibly, the amp is just ****ed.

Opening the amp shouldn't have screwed up but I wouldn't recommend tinkering witht hings you don't know about. It may be a bad lead, try another guitar lead.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
I dont hear any noise when i plug into my tiny practice amp, but then again its pretty small :/
Then I would get it checked out by a tech. Use the process of elimination. Check each individual pedal, check each pedal's power source, then check each individual lead, then check your guitar. Pinpoint the problem. If you think it is your amp, get a tech to check it out. That's really all I can advise.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Get monster cables. They actually make a huge difference. It's worth the $$$ which is saying a lot since each pedal-to-pedal cable is 25$.
My band - DEADIRON
Playstyle - Rock / Metal / Hardcore / Punk
Main Gear
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Memory Man Deluxe
ISP Decimator

Mesa Single Rectifier Rect-o-Verb
well i noticed the amp started making noise because i had the treble turned up, if i turn it down it goes away :/