I have a Peavey Transtube 212 EFX amp that I purchased a couple years ago, and it has a bad bad bad hum problem. Its not the guitar, and its not the chords because I have tried them both on other amps and everything is fine. I don't want to get a noise gate, I want to fix the actual problem. What should I do? I've searched google for the problem and there wasn't a clear solution at all, seemed like most of the issues were pretty random.
Are you playing near fluorescent lights or computer screens? Might also be that you put too much gain or the pickups are not completely shielded.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
I'm thinking it might be the pickups, I've completely turned off all computers and tv and lights and it still does it... I've tried in multiple rooms too. But if my guitar plays perfectly with other amps, it can't be my guitar right?
Probably amp problem if all the other amps are fine.

Are there any common things I can do to the amp to try and fix it? Like unscew some things or I dont know... haha I know nothing about amps. My gain isn't even that high (like 4/10).
Do you use a pedal into distortion drive?