If I have my guitar professionally set up for C standard would it eventually cause any damage in the long run? I am inclined to say no since there is less tension/stress on the neck, but am not sure.
youll be fine.

How do you think bands like behemoth not have broekn down guitars.

Thicker strings with the set up will help the tension issues, itll be just like in standard if you really wanted. *Tension wise*
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Krzy8
youll be fine.

How do you think bands like behemoth not have broekn down guitars.

Thicker strings with the set up will help the tension issues, itll be just like in standard if you really wanted. *Tension wise*

Thanks man. I'm picking up a new MII soon and am already planning what to do with it. I've never gone lower than D standard so I am just a tad bit hesitant.
EH, In Flames uses around A standard *i know i know* and theyre fine, i used to be in c# for awhile but D feels and sound so right, hope you enjoy C.

you should try Eb or C# they arent of fro, D but really have a different feel to them
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Krzy8
EH, In Flames uses around A standard *i know i know* and theyre fine, i used to be in c# for awhile but D feels and sound so right, hope you enjoy C.

you should try Eb or C# they arent of fro, D but really have a different feel to them

Yea, I just really like the low and dark sound I get out of C standard, especially for blues as it gives it a more depressing/sad characteristic.