I can do 'em, here's the problem though. Sometimes I do them and they sound really good but most of the time it doesn't sound as "squeely" as I'd like.. if that makes sense. It's only once in a blue moon that I get an extreme squeal like bands like Children Of Bodom, Dethklok and Lamb Of God do... So I wanted to ask first, what parts of the equipment make the squeals better and what parts of the technique makes it better? Thanks.
a lot of treble helps and if you're going from a bass note to a treble note (ie. alternate picking the E string and trying to pinch harmonic the the D string) don't let the bass ring out because it will kill out the squeel.
btw that had nothing to do with the equipment, but those reasons help, and i guess for the equipment just a lot of distortion...
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Also, this isn't always obvious, try moving your picking hand around from the end of the fret board all the way down to the bridge. You'll hit areas that are more sensitive than others.
Oh okay, and I find it hard to get a nice pinch on the lower strings, but when I do get 'em, they do sound the best.
Quote by labria86
Also, this isn't always obvious, try moving your picking hand around from the end of the fret board all the way down to the bridge. You'll hit areas that are more sensitive than others.

yeah pick at different places, they all give different sounds..try find a sweet spot or something you like
yeah i suck at playing them on the 3 lower sounding strings
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by megadeth rule
yeah i suck at playing them on the 3 lower sounding strings

really? the wound strings are usually the easiest to pull pinch harmonics out of.

I find the best way to get them is A only having 1 pickup selected (multiples seem to kill the sustain) and pick from front to back at about a 45º angle. that and roll the pick up into my palm so only about 3mm is sticking out.
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR